Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Slipper pattern, finished Heel, beginning Gusset-need Help!
I'm making these slippers. I often struggle with comprehending written instructions.

I have just completed the heel flap, and am about ready to begin the gusset. The next instructions read:

Quote:
With right side of heel facing, slip the heel stitches (working from right to left) onto the instep needle. Pick up and knit 11 gusset sts (on-site demo) along the left side of the heel flap.
Okay, I do understand how to "pick up and knit" stitches. What's confusing me are the instructions right before the 'picking up knitting' part.

To clarify, the pattern suggested working these on a circular needle, leaving the extra stitches on the circ needle while working the heel flap on dpns. I don't like working on circs, so I am doing the entire thing on dpns. The heel flap I just completed is on one dpn, and all the remaining stitches are on a separate dpn. I'm really confused by the instructions to...

Quote:
With right side of heel facing, slip the heel stitches (working from right to left) onto the instep needle.
I'm not sure which is the "instep" needle. They aren't talking about the stitches I'm to pick up are they, since they said to pick up and knit (not slip) those?

Am I making myself clear enough that anyone can help me understand what I need to do?
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote