Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Kari
Ribbing the Cuff

Changed yarn (same dye lot) pattern looks different...
I just started learning to knit last weekend (totally addicted already ) and I have about 12 inches of knitted rows done on a scarf (Lion Brand Jiffy Thick & Quick, Rocky Mountains on size 15 Clover bamboo straight needles). About 4 rows back I ran out of my first ball and switched to my second ball (same dye lot according to the label), but now the color pattern looks different. The rows from the first ball have a sort of random color pattern and the rows from the second ball the colors are lining up. When I joined the two balls I made the join knot on the same color (i.e. yellow-orange from first ball to yellow-orange from second ball), because I thought that would be a good idea.

I did create a practice swatch from the first ball, I don't know if that has any affect on it.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened?
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote