Old 02-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
mammabella
Casting On

Help! First project and binding off problem.
I am a complete newbie working on my first knitting project, a poncho for my toddler.

I had finished my first rectangle and was following the instructions for basic knit bind off. It was working perfectly and then I got to the last stitch. I wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I just sort of tried to tie a knot in it, but as I pulled the knot tight, my bind off row started to unravel. I've lost 5 or 6 stitches from that end, it looks pretty bad and and I have no idea how to fix it. Can any one help me figure out how to fix it?

I have a photo of the problem area but am still trying to figure out how to post it.

TIA!!![/img]
mammabella is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
mammabella
Casting On

Hopefully this will work to attach the photo.
Attached Images:

Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
Silver
Instepping Out

Check out Amy's videos on fixing mistakes. Click on Basic Techniques at the top of this page, then on "...More". Watch the videos for fixing a run/dropped stitch, and how to re-insert your needles. Then check out the video for binding off.
HTH!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
mammabella
Casting On

I did watch her video for binding off. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you what to do when you get to the last stitch. I will watch the other ones on fixing mistakes. Thank you!

If anyone else can give me a specific idea of what to do, I would really appreciate it. There aren't any yarn shops in my area, so I'm sort of SOL until my church group meets in another 2 weeks!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
lissalue
Instepping Out

once you pick up the stitches and get to the last one again, pull another loop of yarn through it, just like if you were knitting only one stitch. pull through a lot, then cut the yarn and pull it fairly tight without affecting the look of the stitch, then weave this end into the rest of your poncho following the stitches so it isn't noticable. hope this helps.

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote