This is my 1st fitted garment. It is the vest from the pattern Gesta by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton from her Noro Book Two http://theknittinggarden.com/noro-cthcoll2.htm
I would've finished sooner if I hadn't had to
almost the entire front since I forgot to read the "technical comment" at the beginning of the pattern and misplaced my increases and decreases. I got very lucky with the balls of yarn I bought since they patterned out very similar and allowed me to match up the striping fairly closely on the sides. It certainly isn't perfect, but it is my first attempt at anything besides a scarf or hat!
The yarn was absolutely scrumptious to work with. I can tell it's going to pill like crazy, but I'll just have to invest in one of those sweater stone things.
Yarn: Noro Kochoran, #21 (less than 3 balls, but needed 3 to match stripes and finish out the length). This yarn is a blend of wool, angora and silk. It is my favorite of all the Noro yarns I've used so far.
Needles: 10.5 bamboo straights
Notes: I tried to cheat and do a three needle bind-off on the shoulders, but it just didn't lay properly. So I went back in and made myself learn the kitchener stitch and I am so glad that I did now. I'm still trying to decide whether to go back around the neck and armholes with single crochet or not at some later point. But for now, I'm sticking a fork in this baby!