Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #11
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Yes be careful of putting them IN the water. I suppose some needles would be fine but I would think it could very well loosen any glue that is holding the join. And, of course, putting wood needles in the water is a bad idea in general.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
wandaweberg
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by JoeE
Originally Posted by Mrs. Columbo
there is no hope for the Boye needles ...
I'm so glad to hear you say that! I thought it was just me. My Boye circs have a mind of their own. I'd rather hit my thumb with a hammer than use them.

I LOVE the hammer comment - that's how I was feeling with my circulars - just didn't have the proper words! Now thanks to this thread I too know what to do.
wandaweberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
JoeE
1st Leg of the Journey

I tried Silver's tip on using boiling water then cold water to tame the cables on my Boye needles, and she is a genius. It worked so well. Now my Boye circulars are my current favorite needles. I've always liked aluminum needles because they have just the right amount of "drag" for me. Perfect tips and well-behaved cables. I'm as happy as a pig in slop.

Kudos to Silver (first the amazing sock tutorial, now this!).