Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
K
Casting On

Help with understanding a pattern
I need a little help with understanding a pattern, web-site is woolworks.org/patterns/hotdamn.txt.. I do not get row 1, can some one help me with this, k
K is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

When you go to knit instead of just looping the yarn once you will do this twice.. so you will create 2 sts through that one st...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
K
Casting On

Originally Posted by dustinac
Welcome to the forum!!!

When you go to knit instead of just looping the yarn once you will do this twice.. so you will create 2 sts through that one st...
thanks for the reply, But I have 5 or 6 strands of yarn and Iam suppose to "wrap" all of them on the needle and then knit one sts??
K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
Miss Moosey
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm pretty sure that you should use all of your strands if you are using a thick needle like the size #35 which is suggested in the pattern. The thicker your needle is, the thicker the yarn should be (or the more strands of yarn you should use) to make something that looks more or less normal. If you knit with a size #35 needle and one strand of yarn your project would come out looking a little odd!

Good luck!
Rebecca[/i]
Old 02-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

If you are knitting with 5 or 6 strands held together throughout, then every stitch you make will be done with all of the strands. So in the case of row 1 you will knit each stitch wrapping the yarn around the needle twice with all of your strands held together. It will double your stitch count by the end of the row, but then if you see the row 2 instructions you will be dropping each of those 'extra' wraps off the needle completely and you will be back to your original stitch count by the end of row 2.