Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
Cat Gal
Casting On

Send a message via ICQ to Cat Gal
Short rows in the round...
I have never knit short rows and have a pattern that calls for them. I have taken my work out a few times and getting a bit frustrated. I have watched the video on this site about how to do short rows and found it very helpful...until I get to the point where I am supposed to knit the wrapped stitch that I made after the purl row. The pattern says to work a short row when I reach Marker B and when I reach Marker A, turn back around and continue knitting for 3 rows. What I have done so far is go to Marker B and created the wrapped stitch, turned around and purled to Marker A, created another wrapped stitch, and then turned back and knit to Marker B and the first wrapped stitch, which I knit and it worked well. Since I'm supposed to continue knitting, I do so until I go all the way around to Marker A, but the wrapped stitch sits differently now and I can't seem to knit it without leaving a bit of a gap and it doesn't look right. What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to fix this problem?
Cat Gal is offline   Reply With Quote