Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
dink
Turning the Heel

OT: The new 41 cent stamp Liberty Bell "Forever".
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17796834/

I don't know how many of you had known the the US Postal Service raised the cost of a stamp (yet again) from 39 cents to 41 cents. The new rate goes into effect on May 14th.

Beginning April 12th though, a new stamp with the Liberty Bell and the word Forever go on sale. According to the Postmaster General John E. Potter, The stamp, which will carry the word “Forever” instead of a price, will remain valid for sending a letter, no matter how much rates go up in the future.

That will eliminate the annoyance of buying one- and two-cent stamps to make up the new rate when prices rise, and folks who want to hedge against inflation could lay in a supply of the stamps for long-term use.

Sure I use the online bill pay whenever I can do send a stamp, but soon it's going to be over $1.00 to send someone a birthday/thinking of you/get well card. (Something a little more personal than an e-card)

My thoughts.......I'm just going to buy tons of these new stamp! That way I'll never have to worry.

dink is offline   Reply With Quote