Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
spectorkitty
1st Leg of the Journey

Thinking about Knitting
I've only recently started knitting, about two months ago. I've knit some scarfs and a couple of coin purses, some dishcloths but not much else. I've bought a lot of yarn though, haha!

I was admonishing myself about not knitting something big, a project of epic proportions, or at least trying some socks. I tried double pointed needles and had the hardest time with my joins. I got so frustrated because *everyone* else can do it, why not me? Why don't I use that Noro Kureyon that is so beautiful to make some fabulous project? I was berating myself a lot.

Then I thought, So what? So what if I knit scarfs? It's the knitting I enjoy, the watching something from nothing happen. It's the I did that feeling, it's the relaxing aspect of it. It's the I can do that and no one else I know (in person) can do it. It's the washcloth I made my grandma and mom that they love and are proud of me for making.

So I've decided. I'm going to keep knitting to just knit, and be happy and satisfied with it.

Just thought I'd share some thoughts I've been having about my new found love. This board has been a wealth of information for me and I enjoy reading it.
spectorkitty is offline   Reply With Quote