Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #31
SimplyKaar
Knitting the Flap

I absolutely LOVE LOVE these oddball blankets and shawls; what a great thing to have 'just come to mind one day' , Sandy !

Too bad I live across the puddle because it would be too much to be sending a blanket like that back and forth. Although I do seem to remember one blanket trying to escape to Italy or someplace like that... so if one of them appears to develop a similar plan, tell it to come to the Netherlands instead, ok? It'll be pampered and sent back on its way then

Have fun with them people and I"ll keep dropping in to admire the results!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #32
knitknut
1st Leg of the Journey

Sandy, Now that you are taking "old" knitters, please sign me up for this one too. I don't remember if you asked this on blanket #2 or not - I do not smoke but I do have a cat and a dog. I would put in a smiley here but I can't find them! ; )
knitknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #33
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
SimplyKaar, you are WELCOME to join!
(I remember that you wanted to join with our very first blanket)

I'll send the blanket to you first, so we can get the whole "international" travel part over and done with, with a lightweight package.

Just send me a private message with your mailing address, my friend.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #34
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by knitknut View Post
Sandy, Now that you are taking "old" knitters, please sign me up for this one too. I don't remember if you asked this on blanket #2 or not - I do not smoke but I do have a cat and a dog. I would put in a smiley here but I can't find them! ; )
Hey there, you're not OLD! You're just EXPERIENCED!

Thanks for joining!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #35
SimplyKaar
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
SimplyKaar, you are WELCOME to join!
(I remember that you wanted to join with our very first blanket)

I'll send the blanket to you first, so we can get the whole "international" travel part over and done with, with a lightweight package.

Just send me a private message with your mailing address, my friend.

It'll be a bit longer than 2 weeks before the next knitter has it, in that case. But I will send it off as soon as possible.
Tomorrow I'll dig through my stash to see which yarn I have that will match up with what you've done sofar!

A PM is on its way
Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 PM   #36
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Yay! Our blanket will get knitting from the Netherlands!

I'm almost finished with my portion of the blanket, so I'll mail it out to you this week!!! THAT will help to get the ball rolling.

Let me know if I need to write anything special on the package to help it get through customs for your country.

Also, should I avoid sending chocolate, coffee or tea in your package? I like to send small sample packets just for fun.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #37
SimplyKaar
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Yay! Our blanket will get knitting from the Netherlands!

I'm almost finished with my portion of the blanket, so I'll mail it out to you this week!!! THAT will help to get the ball rolling.

Let me know if I need to write anything special on the package to help it get through customs for your country.

Also, should I avoid sending chocolate, coffee or tea in your package? I like to send small sample packets just for fun.

Me luvves surprises in packages!!! I don't think there will be problems with tea and things like that. The packages that I've sent from here, I only had to declare that there were no dangarous goods in it, that it was a gift valued less than a certain amount and that was it!
(the few times that I ordered from the USA online I think the tax free amount was around 40 dollars so that should be no problem )
IF you have to be more specific, I guess it's better to not mention it's natural viber or wool or something and also no fresh food etc because they are a bit hesitant about stuff that might carry viruses and what not.

If you need more specific info, I will go to the postoffice tomorrow and ask them just to be on the safe side, ok?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #38
zip

Number 5 goes to Europe!

Sounds like a bad movie sequel.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #39
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by SimplyKaar View Post
Me luvves surprises in packages!!! I don't think there will be problems with tea and things like that. The packages that I've sent from here, I only had to declare that there were no dangarous goods in it, that it was a gift valued less than a certain amount and that was it!
(the few times that I ordered from the USA online I think the tax free amount was around 40 dollars so that should be no problem )
IF you have to be more specific, I guess it's better to not mention it's natural viber or wool or something and also no fresh food etc because they are a bit hesitant about stuff that might carry viruses and what not.

If you need more specific info, I will go to the postoffice tomorrow and ask them just to be on the safe side, ok?
So, should I just write "KNITTING and GIFT" as the contents?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #40
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by zip View Post
Number 5 goes to Europe!
Sounds like a bad movie sequel.
Silly Sis!:rofling: