Old 05-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #41
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
My mom doesn't mind the Peak too much, but usually we put on Q104 because we agree on more of what they play. And if my brother is home, he insists on Q104. I swear, he was born 40 years too late. I usually listen to the iPod when I'm in my car. I am gonna miss the Peak and Q104 when I'm in Boston...guess it's back to WZBC.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #42
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

I don't listen to any music in particular. I guess it depends on my mood. For the most part I listen to my local NPR station, but when I want music I listen to South or Central American music if I want or need to knit quickly and French Cabaret music or maybe some Mozart if my knitting is more leisurely.

Nadja xxx

Claire

My Yarn Stash is a Treasure Chest

nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #43
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by cawthraven View Post
And if my brother is home, he insists on Q104. I swear, he was born 40 years too late.
Same here.I think music was so much better back in the 60s-late 70s than it is today. I would rather listen to classic rock than all that pop/rap stuff that's popular for a few weeks at a time and then forgotten.
But that's just me.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #44
REVS
1st Leg of the Journey

Audiobooks!
I alternate between the "No 1 Ladies Detective Agency" series with Lisette Lecat and "The Cat who..." series with George Guidall.
The "People's history of the United States" has been in there as well and I'm thinking to add a series of Economics Lectures next...

http://ruthandoscar.blogspot.com
REVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #45
heiyeshb
Casting On

Hip Hop mostly R&B or Gospel or sometimes Classic Etta James either my personal collection or the radio.
heiyeshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #46
shadowfox118
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to shadowfox118
xD
I tend to listen to lets plays of horror or action games when I knit, for some reason which I don't even know
.........♥ ..♥...........
shadowfox118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #47
Tntgin4118
Ribbing the Cuff

The background music depends on my mood and what else is going on. Sometimes its soft jazz (Richard Eliot or Kenny G), sometimes is a sounds of nature kind of thing (Distant Thunder or Ocean Waves). I've also been known to do Classic Country, Phantom of the Opera, Margaritaville/Buffet stuff, CCR or random 50's, 60's and 70's. To say my musical taste is eclectic is kind of an understatement

Now that is approaching Fall, I shall knit to NFL at every opportunity.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #48
Daylilydayzed
Turning the Heel

I don't have music on while knitting due to daughter who works night shifts and sleeps during day. Thankfully she has moved her bed back into the bed room now that the darn loft bed is out of there. Grandson needs some one keeping an eye on him in that bedroom because he goes into things he has no business messing around with.
But if I did listen to music while knitting, it would be old country like Jim Reeves, Charlie Pride , Charlie Rich , Blackhawk, George Strait, Conway Twitty and other old country artists. The current crop of country music is not country enough for me. I don't even listen to he country radio station any more because all they play is the new stuff that sounds like pop music to me. I will be doing a lot of knitting closer to Christmas because I have a couple of items I want to knit to donate to a Daylily Convention I will be going to in 2014. Intend to make something for both a man and a woman so that more money can be brought in to support the AHS since I am a member of it.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #49
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowfox118 View Post
I tend to listen to lets plays of horror or action games when I knit, for some reason which I don't even know
I know why... you're 16. I don't listen to music while knitting, but I turn on the TV to some old show that I can listen to w/o having to pay to much attention. If I want to watch a clip I just stop and rewind that part.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #50
insanenewknitter
1st Leg of the Journey

I rarely listen to music when I knit, if I do it's been classical and folk, the Von Trapp Family Singers. (And yes, the REAL Von Trapps, not the Sound of Music soundtrack, although occasionally that is in too.)
If I feel like music when I'm knitting I'll just sing myself, Josh Groban, and Colin Ray, Glen Campbell, John Denver, old stuff before my time.
I'll sometimes watch TV series when I knit, I Love Lucy, Road to Avonlea, The Brady Bunch. Last night, I watched a movie in Spanish, it wasn't dubbed in English, so reading the subtitles and knitting was a little difficult.
insanenewknitter is offline   Reply With Quote