Old 06-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #71
jhelanee
Turning the Heel

It is great to see you back on the forum, Mason. I'm sorry to hear that you have been battling depression, but very glad to hear that you have gotten help. My sister has been struggling with the same thing since last fall, and after trying multiple medications has finally found something that worked and is getting better. One of the prescriptions she tried was Welbutran and she found that fatigue/exhaustion and just wanting to sleep were big side effects for her. So you might want to keep that in mind and check with your doctor if your energy levels don't improve soon. Good Luck!

Recently finished: DH's small-gauge sweater; Secret of the Stole ii - "Savannah"; BSJ (well the knitting anyway)
On Needles: socks; Odessa (from Magknits)

jhelanee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #72
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Thanks, that's the funny thing about AD drugs. They don't seem to act exactly the same way on any two people.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #73
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

Hey Mason how are you doing today? I hope you're doing alright today.

Nadja

Claire

My Yarn Stash is a Treasure Chest

nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #74
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Feeling a little bit more rested this morning, thanks.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #75
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Knitting_Guy View Post
Thanks, that's the funny thing about AD drugs. They don't seem to act exactly the same way on any two people.
I know what you mean. When I tried Wellbutrin, it made me dizzy and sick so I had to stop taking it. Side affects are different for everyone.
I hope you feel better today.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carmabelle1191 For This Useful Post:
Knitting_Guy (06-02-2007)
Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #76
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
I admire you Mason. To openly talk about a medical condition that affects millions is not an easy step. I have been on meds for depression, and know how hard it is to overcome the illness itself, yet alone deal with the medication.

Know that you are cared for, loved, and admired. Even if I do not always agree with your opinions, I will defend your right to say and believe them.

Doing what you are doing takes courage. You have overcome so much in your life, only a little do I know about, but I do know you have the character to overcome this.

There is noting wrong with getting help for an illness. It is admirable to do it to say the least. Know that if you ever need support, a great plate of bbq- (*kansas city is the best in that you know) swing your rig this way.

If you need a shoulder.. or an ear.. you always have one available.

Take care, hang in there and know you have a polar bear that cares. (raises up on hind legs and growls for the funof it)

Take care Mason and keep in touch.. it may be hard at times, but just a note to let us know you are ok at the time.

Big Bear Hug..

The Following User Says Thank You to snowbear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #77
larudden
Knitting the Flap

OMG! I'm 48 but I think I'll always be 16 in my head!:grin:

My family is loaded with depressed people, and I definitely know how you feel. I started on meds 7 years ago when I went through my divorce and I could NOT believe how great I felt. I also suffer from anxiety and, once my meds kicked in, all I could think of was "THIS is the person I was supposed to be!" Wow! What a revelation.

It's amazing how many people suffer from depression. I think the artist's mind is so high functioning that we get "in our heads" more than others and that can be a problem. At night, I have so much trouble "quieting my head" that it's sometimes hard to get to sleep.

Good luck on the smoking thing. I need to address that, too, one of these days. I keep telling myself that 4 or 5 a day isn't bad but I'm just kidding myself. The Welbutrin should help you with that, I think.

Hey, just keep hanging out here and we'll all get through this together.

And don't stop knitting! It's amazing how relaxed I feel when I've got some yarn in my hand. It's better than food and you can't get fat from it!:grin:

Blessings,
larudden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to larudden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #78
1knittychick
Knitting the Flap

Mason, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take it one day at a time.

(This may be a repeat message. I thought I replied yesterday, but can't find it. So, if its a repeat, I'm sorry!)
Old 06-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #79
cindycactus
Turning the Heel

Mason. I rarely post here but I do read daily for all the good knitting advice posted here. One of your posts was the very first one I read here and I always look for your postings. So interesting. And you look so much like my son. He is 48 so I KNOW you are not old. What would that make me!!! Hope you feel better soon.
cindycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cindycactus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #80
mulene
Working the Gusset

Hey Mason hows it going?

Just wanted to see how you are... when I went to the doc last September and asked to return to meds after a long break, I also saw it as a bit of a failing.

However what she had to say to that was really quite a surprise. She was right of course, but still a nice surprise to hear a Doc say "look, you are sick and the medication helps you... if you were diabetic and had to take insulin every day for the rest of your life, you wouldn't think you were a failure because you can't cope with Diabetes without your insulin would you? Therefore you shouldn't think you are a failure because you can't cope with your depressive illness without medication"

Her saying that made me realise that it isn't a failing to not be able to cope - its normal and there are thousands of us out here who suffer in the same way. You are not alone, we are not alone and we all have an illness that can be controlled with the right medication.

I hope you are doing better now, Mason. *huge hugs* keep hanging in there

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote