Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #21
crazycatlady
Casting On

Thank you for the comments! Yeah, he knit up very quickly. Once he started taking shape, I just didn't want to put the needles down. I can't wait to see everyone's versions! There are so many different colors and types of fur yarns that can be used.

I bought some eyes and a nose for him at Joann Fabrics (my local AC Moore and Michaels only carry glue-on googly eyes :-(). Just for the heck of it I went with more realistic eyeballs as opposed to the solid black. Here's the final result. One of my friends told me he looks like he's wearing a rainbow clown wig. :-)

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function. --Garrison Keillor
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #22
misstialouise
Working the Gusset

CUUUUUTE

Once I finish my sweater and my DS's blankie, I think I'll need to make one for him :D

Version: 1.1
KCR++ Exp+ SPM+ *Options+++ Addi+ Wood+ Cas+ Cot++ Wool+++ Lux++ Hemp++ Nov+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent Lace++ Tex++ Felt+++ Flat Circ+++ DPN ML2 Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB GaugeDK(F) WIP+(++) ALTSw+Sp+Cr+X

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On my Options:
Drake the Dreaded Dragon Backpack - girly version for my niece for Christmas

I'M IN !! I'm vintagegrrl on Ravelry
misstialouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #23
pixiepurls
1st Leg of the Journey

well I knit the hole front right, then i tried to do the paws, and i could only pick up 10 stitches not the 12 called for, otherwise i got holes trying to pick up too many! Then okay, When i seamed those they just make me angry lol!!!! I don't see how mine won't turn out wonky.. I think im being too particular or something...
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:34 AM   #24
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by pixiepurls View Post
well I knit the hole front right, then i tried to do the paws, and i could only pick up 10 stitches not the 12 called for, otherwise i got holes trying to pick up too many! Then okay, When i seamed those they just make me angry lol!!!! I don't see how mine won't turn out wonky.. I think im being too particular or something...
Just remember that felting is very forgiving. Your knitting does NOT have to be perfect for the end result to look stunning!

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #25
crazycatlady
Casting On

Pixiepurls,

Definitely don't stress over the paws. A couple stitches more or less won't matter. They'll felt up and turn out fine! I missed a couple rows in the back shaping, and you can't tell at all.

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function. --Garrison Keillor
crazycatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #26
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
I completely screwed up the back because I lost my place...I just winged it and it came out fine! You'll be fine, Pixie!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #27
pixiepurls
1st Leg of the Journey

well I got my knitting mojo back after like over a week of everything being a disaster so I''m going to attempt the paws again here very soon and have some progress pics to show etc lol.
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #28
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

I got my pattern today... not sure when I'll cast on, but I'm thinking this will be a GREAT stash buster.

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #29
KarrieLyne
Casting On

Hello fellow knitters.....I just learned of this site a few days ago and I ran across this wonderfully cute hedge hog. I am not such a patient person to wait for a pattern to be shipped to me so I called my LYS and to my delightment they had ONE left!! It must have been my lucky day!! So, I drove to my LYS and picked up the pattern and enough yarn to make two. One will have an apple green body with pink/white/apple green back and the other will have a plum body with dk. green/lt. green/plum back. I just started on the apple green one and am very excited to complete my very first hedgie!! I will post a picture when she is complete =)
Karrie
KarrieLyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #30
KarrieLyne
Casting On

Taking Shape
I started my Hedgie last night and I just finished the front with the apple green yarn. Here she is...quite funny looking and you can see why I call her a "she"... she looks like she has a "chest".. LOL.

Last edited by KarrieLyne : 06-21-2007 at 12:42 PM.
KarrieLyne is offline   Reply With Quote