Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
bobi1218
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to bobi1218
OT - DH was in a car accident!
DH went out after work yesterday with some friends. I was woken up at 1am by a phone call - he was rear-ended on the DC Beltway, and his car is probably totalled. There was traffic due to construction on the highway, and he had slowed down to about 25 mph. The girl behind him didn't, and rammed into the back of his car at about 70 mph. His car spun sideways, and she hit him again on the side. Luckily, both he and his friend were wearing seatbelts. They're both a bit sore, but otherwise unhurt. DH told me his glasses flew off his face on impact - without the seatbelt, he probably would have gone through the windshield.

So I bundled up 2 sleeping kids and strapped them into their car seats, and drove 20 minutes to go pick him up. We had to wait while the state trooper filled out a preliminary accident report, etc. That phone call was one of the worst of my life - my entire body just went numb. Its been over 2 hours now, and I'm just starting to stop shaking. We're really lucky, this could have been so much worse.

So I guess we'll find out in a couple of days whether they will fix his car, or total it. We can't really afford another car payment (DH's car is paid off), but there's a ton of damage. We'll see what happens, I guess.

bobi1218 on Ravelry
bobi1218 is offline   Reply With Quote