Old 06-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #81
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Bellium~ That is so pretty I love that color

Arielluria~ So pretty!! You did a great job!!

MRSJC2~ so glad you liked it.. the colors are really pretty that I've ordered too

Well while in WV I decided why not knit 2 civil war shawls at the same time... this way I can give one to my grandmother for Christmas... mom had ordered enough yarn to make 3 shawls she couldn't decide on a color and had already told me to take one of the sets home... here is the new one Rnd 64.. the blue one is now being caught up to Rnd 64...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	civil war shawl wk3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	40830  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #82
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Thanks! You're doing a great job! It's nice to see the finish line, isn't it?!?

The Caron is beautiful for a shawl! I'm definitely going to do something with that! I think it's a beautiful shawl, I'm not sure I could have it with the tassels though, they would be eaten in no time by Peanut (avatar)!

Originally Posted by bellium View Post
tee hee, i forgot about this thread, and didn't check it for the past few days, i am sorry!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTtriaran.html

that is the link for the pattern i have been working on - i am sure you have already found it by now...
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #83
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Bellium, your shawl is gorgeous!

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carmabelle1191 For This Useful Post:
bellium (06-20-2007)
Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 PM   #84
ElenTikvah
Ribbing the Cuff

May I join here, as I just started working on a comfort shawl for my mama? It is a simple pattern, with some personalized stitch changes...double knit, so hopefully it will grow quickly!

~Tik
Old 06-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #85
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
Originally Posted by cookworm View Post
I'm always working on one or two shawls at any given time...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls/wraps!

I'm making Knitty's "Convertible" right now. I don't know why, but that stitch pattern is a slow knit for me, although it's coming out pretty. I hope it's one of those things that will be well worth it when it's done because I'm a bit disheartened by how long it's taken me to knit only like 6".
I agree with you about the pattern being a slow knit. I'm almost finshed my first skein. I "converted" the pattern into a chart, and screwed up the edging. I thought I was supposed to work the buttonholes at the beginning and end of every row 1 repeat.
By the time I had figured it out, I was so far along. I've convinced myself that having all those extra buttonholes will just add more versatility in wearing it.
What yarn are you using, and what color? I'm using BMFA Bambu in Obsidian: it's kinda grey/brown with soft greens.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #86
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by ElenTikvah View Post
May I join here, as I just started working on a comfort shawl for my mama? It is a simple pattern, with some personalized stitch changes...double knit, so hopefully it will grow quickly!

~Tik
Sure! This is an ongoing KAL. What pattern are you using.
Oh, and I have some progress! I will try to remember to take a pic tomorrow in the natural light (raining & dark now).

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:23 AM   #87
ElenTikvah
Ribbing the Cuff

Like I mentioned, it is a fairly simple pattern, as I'm in a hurry to get it completed. I have added a stitch border that I like, to change the texture a smidge. I'm knitting it with two strands of Caron Simply Soft, soft green and soft blue, on size 13 circs. I want to try to finish it by this next weekend...just hope work doesn't get in the way! :P I'll get some progress pics as soon as I get batteries for my camera!

My other current project is waiting...

(it's the Sun Ray Shawl, Areilluria and I were in the KAL together for them!)

Thanks for the encouragement!

~Tik
Old 06-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #88
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

That looks pretty! Hopefully you'll get it done in time. My deadline is next Wednesday, but I'm not having much luck by dropping 5 stitches and having to tink four rows. I'm too afraid to just take it off the needles and rip in case I lose more stitches in the process.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #89
ElenTikvah
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by carmabelle1191 View Post
That looks pretty! Hopefully you'll get it done in time. My deadline is next Wednesday, but I'm not having much luck by dropping 5 stitches and having to tink four rows. I'm too afraid to just take it off the needles and rip in case I lose more stitches in the process.
Could you maybe put in a lifeline below the row you want to frog too, maybe? If not, take your time, and tink back...as I learned week or so ago on my SunRay ... haste, indeed, makes waste! :P

(yes I know you are supposed to put them in before leaving the row, but some stitching would let you add it later...some won't, I'm sure)

~Tik
Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #90
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
I finally finished 1 of 5 lace "projects". It's the Little Arrowhead
Shawl, from Interweave Knits. Its a free pdf file listed under the title "Sweet Somethings". http://www.interweave.com/knit/projects/wraps.asp
I used 2 shades of Koigu PPM: 1 skein of the first color, and 1 whole skein plus less than 1/3rd (skein) of the second color. I increased the repeats from 6 to 8, with the after blocking measurement being apprx. 56" wide and 29" from center to point.
Attachment 40908

Attachment 40909

Last edited by Phaedra : 07-11-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote