Old 06-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #91
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
Originally Posted by HamburgKnitter View Post
Hear hear. Travelling is so important, and I wish more young people (especially american young people) would travel more.
I agree, traveling can be such a great experience and chance to learn new things. Unfortunately for me, and I imagine for many other young people (American or otherwise) it's rather cost prohibitive. And socially, something reserved for "rich kids" :eyeroll:

When I was in high school I took advantage of a two-week exchange program to France at an incredible deal. Even then, with few financial obligations to speak of (I only had to pay for my car/insurance in high school as far as bills go) it still took SO MUCH EFFORT to scrimp and save every penny so I could pay for that trip (and I worked a LOT). I'm glad I was able to forgo new clothes, shoes, eating out and trips to the movies for months to pay for that trip...but with financial obligations now, it's sadly going to be a lot of years before I get that kind of opportunity again I just hope I won't have to wait until retirement!

HamburgKnitter I agree with you and it's so incredible for you to live somewhere with such diversity so close by. Totally jealous!

I also think this thread has taken such a neat turn into an interesting conversation. Huzzah!

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 AM   #92
nsavage
Ribbing the Cuff

I so totally love this forum. I try to read a lot of the threads and posts but can't seem to squeeze in all. I think it is great that people share their lives on here. I don't get to talk to alot of people around where I live because my neighbors and friends live very busy hectic lives. I think the mods are great. I made a post about a pattern I found and couldn't quite get a good pic of it so I typed out the whole long bloody thing. I ended up getting a message from a mod about my post being edited because they said that I infringed on copyright laws. At first all I could think was "d@#*, I put alot of work into that" and that I was under the impression that to infringe on copyright laws was only if you were trying to make a profit. But then I realized that regardless of what I thought, the mods only did what they thought was right. In the future, I will refrain from typing out that whole long pattern and just post links to the freebies and such. And now it seems I digress from the topic. All I really wanted to say was that to be a mod here must be hard work and that I seems that they do their level best. I find it awesome that I can come on here and find all sorts of things of interest and varying viewpoints. And just how nice was that of Amy to put that topic back up for us to look through even though she didn't have to. I mean WOW how many other forums will actually take the time to do that? I have found that alot forums will just block someone from accessing... not me, but I have gone to some and wondered why I don't see any new posts by certain members. I hope that everyone stays so understanding on here and that no "bad" people who like to be overly mean ever come over to our happy little home here. Happy Every Kind Of Day To Everyone (that is to say any holidays or special days coming up that I don't know about)
nsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nsavage For This Useful Post:
BinkyKat (06-26-2007), Jeremy (06-25-2007), KellyK (06-24-2007)
Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #93
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #94
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Well I've been around now for two years and the quality of the peeps is totally as great as the first day I joined!
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #95
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez View Post
Well I've been around now for two years and the quality of the peeps is totally as great as the first day I joined!

OT!

I watched Starship Troopers the other night, and saw that the main girls name was Carmen Ibanez...

Inspiration? :thinking:

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #96
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by nsavage View Post
. Happy Every Kind Of Day To Everyone (that is to say any holidays or special days coming up that I don't know about)
NSavage... great post! Love that last part

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez View Post
CI...yes, I agree, the PeepQualityQuotient *PQQ* is off the charts!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #97
brownishcoat
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via MSN to brownishcoat Send a message via Yahoo to brownishcoat Send a message via Skype™ to brownishcoat
Originally Posted by PaperGirl View Post
OT!

I watched Starship Troopers the other night, and saw that the main girls name was Carmen Ibanez...

Inspiration? :thinking:
It's from the book, not the movie.

->"You say tomato, I say pimp." --Michael Westen, Burn Notice<-
brownishcoat is offline   Reply With Quote