Old 07-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Left over sock yarn!
Hey everyone! I recently knit my first pair of socks, and while I made a good deal of mistakes, I learned a ton and had such a blast! I think they're my favorite things to knit.

I have leftover self-striping sock yarn, but I don't know what to do with it. I've been searching for projects to do with it, but can't find anything really fun or spectacular. I'm half-asking for my own use, and half-asking just out of pure curiosity: for all you sock knitters, what do you do with leftover sock yarn? :D
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
redwitch
Working the Gusset

How much? You might need to save it up from multiple socks. You might have enough for anklets or another pair of socks if you do the toes, heels, and cuffs in a contrasting colour. Fingerless mitts or even gloves with fingers can look cute, and in similar diameter to feet the stripes will be similar. Some people make scarves out of sock wool but you probably don't have enough for that. I think there's a blog somewhere with 100 uses for sock yarn or something similar... a nice accent on jumper cuffs and neckline? Strand it with a solid colour to make it go further? A hat? It depends how much you have...

ETA: here you go http://golden-apples.blogspot.com/se...=101+ideas+for

Last edited by redwitch : 07-05-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: add
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redwitch For This Useful Post:
redheadrachel (07-05-2007)