Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #21
zazzu
1st Leg of the Journey

Quote:
Really?? $30 every 90 days is a lot of money?? Of course I wouldn't know since I'm not doing anything right now!

Well, no it isn't THAT much money. But if you're not doing anything right now, why commit yourself to a program you may not follow?

I'd suggest you buy a bottle of Wal-Mart's generic version of Olay's day lotion (SPF 15), which is about three dollars. It's as good as the name brand (IMO, it smells better - less fragrant). You can use this morning and night, for now.

It's more important to get yourself into a skin care routine that you'll actually follow than to fuss over which products to buy. Start with the minimum and go from there.
zazzu is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 AM   #22
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
I must admit I haven't read through all the replies as it's late, but, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents out there...If it has already been mentioned, please forgive the duplication.

Anyway, #1 definitely protect your face with a lotion or sunscreen of at least SPF 15. I also stay out of the sun as much as possible; if I'm outside, I sit in shade, if there's no shade, I make sure to put sunscreen or lotion on my face.

Make sure you're washing your face in the morning and evening, using a toner, and, a moisturizing lotion before bed. Personally, I prefer Avon, but, that's probably because I sell it...haha...They have some really good products that don't cost a lot...Their Anew line is more expensive, but, they also have their Avon Solutions line which is dramatically cheaper and I think works just as well...I use day and night moisturizers, as well as anti-aging eye creams and anti-aging foundation (yeah, I'm a little obsessed with not looking older...lol). The main thing though is moisturizing! You need to keep your skin hydrated and if you use any products that dry out your face, don't use them too often and use a good moisturizer as well. I don't mind getting older, I just don't want to look it! LOL! Also, just throwing this out there, Avon does sell their Anew products in age categories too, they have products for women in their 20's, 30's, and 40's+. They're apparently designed to provide the essentials for each age group.

Anyway, no matter what you use, just be sure to do it regularly...I'm all out of suggestions right now...lol...I had so much in mind when I started but I'm getting rather sleepy now...lol

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #23
mulene
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by nik View Post
Also no cream is really going to tighten, lift, and get rid of wrinkles. The person who finds a serum that does this will be very wealthy and you won't be able to find it in any store!

There is a cream that helps to activate collagen renewal in the skin. It has been scientifically proven and yes, it is unavailable in the stores because it has been sold out since March. March was when the UK Programme Horizon scientifically tested various products and debunked many of the claims many of them made.

Go to www.boots.com and look up "boots protect and perfect serum" you'll find its selling at 1 every 10 seconds and they can not keep up with the demand for supplies.

Myself? I'm a sceptic on everything, but having used protect and perfect for several weeks (I managed to get on the waiting list in a local store near work and get a bottle before they stopped taking waiting list names) and the sister face moisturising cream (pretty much because it was SPF 15). I can guarantee that the results on my skin have been impressive. One will NEVER ever get rid of wrinkles they are a part of life, but with collagen renewal happening, my skin is vastly softer and much improved.

Heres more info on the independent testing that was done on this product:

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/...blinktype=SITD

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote