Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #31
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Apple isn't stupid; the iPhone will be available from all carriers at some point in the future. Most "fancy" phones, like the Razr, are limited to one carrier at first, before they become widely available. (Remember when all phones were carrier exclusive? )

I really, really, really want an iPhone, but a) Nothing could make me switch from using Verizon, and b) Nothing could induce me to buy a 1st generation Apple product. By the time the iPhone is no longer AT&T exclusive, many of the bugs will be worked out, and the price will have dropped. I also theorize that battery kinks will have been worked out, and the hard-drive space will have increased-it's pretty paltry compared to an iPod.

I like it because I DO carry my iPod and and phone around with me everywhere, and it's annoying. I'd much rather have the one device.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-09-2007, 03:49 AM   #32
Rorshach
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Rorshach Send a message via Yahoo to Rorshach
IMHO the iphone is a waste of money, it's not upgradeable, and to be honest, too much technology packed into one thing. granted having the all in one device is nice, but what's the point when the learning curve is too high?

Though, BostonBecca, in regards to having Dell replace a machine because there were marks on the keyboard, you're right. Though why replace the machine, when they can replace the screen, they will do that, if the machine is still in warranty. I know that for fact as I used to work for them.

Wisdom is knowing what to do. Skill is how to do it. Virtue is getting it done.

That which does not kill you, isn't trying hard enough.
Rorshach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #33
knitasha
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Rorshach View Post
In regards to having Dell replace a machine because there were marks on the keyboard, you're right. Though why replace the machine, when they can replace the screen, they will do that, if the machine is still in warranty. I know that for fact as I used to work for them.

When my Dell desktop went into a coma, Dell sent a technician to my house to install a new motherboard. Which is why, although Macs are so much prettier, I just ordered a Dell Xps to replace my 8-year-old laptop, which still works fine. For that kind of service and longevity, I can live with Microsoft. :rollseyes:
knitasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #34
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

a) Laptop
b) Dell's basically suck at everything. You might disagree with me, that's fine. I've used them: laptops and desktops and I have never had so many issues with them freezing, being slow, and generally taking forever to do anything. I wouldn't pay one single dollar for the best Dell you could provide.

This is probably a clash of cultures between Mac users and non-Mac users like you see all over the place. All I can say is that we are converting you "others" and I am so glad. My entire family has been converted just by seeing how cool and well functioning my brothers' and my Macs are and many of my friends have been converted as well.

Btw, my Mac has NEVER, and I mean not once, frozen on me.

I am done posting about this, cause honestly I my Mac and if you don't, cool.

The iPhone rocks.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #35
Carrie218
1st Leg of the Journey

Okay, I've had my phone about two weeks and I gotta say it IS the coolest thing since sliced bread. It is true that I'm a techie-geek (I own an ISP and am able to buy yarn by selling bandwidth!) but have to marvel at the technology.
Carrie218 is offline   Reply With Quote