Old 07-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #31
knitwit88
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to knitwit88
Thank you for agreeing with me... although katie leung sure was lucky:rofling:

Why must these bloobies be so cute... :D
knitwit88 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 AM   #32
knitwit88
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to knitwit88
[quote=UnspeakableJoy;903564]
My favorite part was when Umbridge was taken away by the centaurs and she asks Harry to tell them she's a good witch, and he goes "I must not tell lies"

I also liked gangsta Dudley the entire theatre was cracking up ... and I loved the battle at the end! I loved the action shots of Harry and Dudley running in the beginning ... I loved seeing the Dementors without their cloaks (okay they were freaky, but cool nonetheless) ... I thought Voldemort's possession of Harry to be VERY cool ... I also like Dumbledore at the end - seeing a much more compassionate side to him talking to Harry while he's possessed ...

Sure I would have loved seeing Neville's parents in Mungo's, or how Percy turns into a bloody git or how the statues come to life and protect Harry ... if I had my way, the HP movies would be the entire book ... maybe in mini-installment movies ... like each book would be 4 movies. Now THAT would be cool
quote]
Somebody who agrees with me... yay

Why must these bloobies be so cute... :D
knitwit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitwit88 For This Useful Post:
UnspeakableJoy (07-17-2007)
Old 07-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #33
jillliv
Ribbing the Cuff

I was disappointed.I have just reread OOTP and kept thinking - where is this bit? that bit?The book was so involved.

It missed out so much.The biggest dissapointment for me was seeing Voldemort possess Harry's body after the fight scene.

on the whole though the movie was good.Umbridge was hilarious - loved her study and the kittens!And as for Luna she brought the charcter really to life for me .Grawp was good as well:rofling:

Knitting for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes

Jillxxx
jillliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #34
JamOKnit
Knitting the Flap

I really enjoyed the movie since I had just finished up the book for the second time....it was easier for me, I think, to fill in the missing plot points in my head. I don't think the movie itself suffered from all the stuff that was not in there, but you are right, the story just wasn't as complete as us book readers would have liked. I know I would sit and watch a 4 hour HP movie....LOL

When Fudge came into the ministry at the end after the battle and exclaimed astonishingly, "He's back!" a woman in front of us at the theater yelled in a sarcastic voice, "No!" :rollseyes: We all cracked up.

I'm JamOKnit on Ravelry.
JamOKnit is offline   Reply With Quote