Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Nichan
Ribbing the Cuff

Have you ever sell your knit project (or other craft)...
Hi, just want to hear your sharing about it...
sometimes, i feel unfair about free pattern...ok, they are free, so we can share it but sometimes it's just for non-commercial use...but if i make it, then i think i still have right to sell it, i have efforts and yarns to be charged...so, ofcourse, it would be at a very loowwww price because design is not included...sometimes i just don't get it...if they want to share it, then why they applied this rule that rule...sorry, it's just weird for me...if i don't want other people to use commercially, then i would charge my patterns...after that, i hands up...up to my customer...if i'm afraid they will use commercially, then i won't share anything...unless, i'm doing charity myself...i mean, i make knit project for charity...

sometimes i also found that in other craft pattern, the commercial use is prohibited...i thought, if i bought pattern,the buyer must already know this risk and it's upto the customer because they've already buy it. so, if they're afraid that design is duplicated for commercial use, then sell the pattern for high price or don't sell at all......as long as the customer admit that the design is from 'here' or 'there' with little modification, etc, that's ok for me...sometimes, what i dont like is, if customer admit it that it's their own design...i totally disagree with this attitude...

anyway, i can design,make basic pattern with formula not adjustment, and sew...so, i know that even my design has value, my basic pattern has value, my sew has value...if i fell discourage to share it for free then i decide i won't share a bit for free, but if want to do it for 'charity' then my heart must let go that may some people will use it commercially, like no regrets...anyway, who knows those people really need money...so, it's like indirect charity...that's kind of asian custom...we sometimes have to let go (our heart must let go or no regret) something that it's risk has already been predicted but we still do it...if we don't want to take the risk, then we won't do it at all...

i think i need enlightening about this...really......please share your thought to me...i don't live in western custom, so, it's weird for me to know that kind of rule...

but ofcourse, for special people i love, i will knit for them...

thank you...
Nichan is offline   Reply With Quote