Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #2951
trudie
Casting On

Hi ,I am new but lurked a lot.I am from South Africa residing in Pretoria.Glad to be here.
Trudie
trudie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #2952
dadcox
Casting On

Hello
I'm Debbie from Birmingham & have just been knitting since October. I have made several scarfs, 2 baby blankets just easy triangle ones & 3 baby hats which I'm still terrible with double pointed needles & have to have help and am currently working on a sweater which I have messed up on many times but I am enjoying knitting regardless! I have a question on my sweater...I am using the Denise needles & I had taken them out at the bottom to work on the sleeves because I wasn't sure I had enough yarn b/c I decided to make my sleeves longer, when I went back to work one more round in k1p1 at the bottom of my sweater & bind off I did something wrong...somehow I have hooked my sweater together...so did I pick it up wrong & knit the wrong way? I don't know what I did!
dadcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #2953
DKosecki
Casting On

Hi, My name is Denise. I am glad to say hi. I need to know how to join in the round when kniting on a circular needle.
DKosecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #2954
losnana
Working the Gusset

Check out Amy's videos. The tab for Advanced Techniques is at the top of this page. The section titled "Large Diameter Circular Knitting" may be what you are looking for.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #2955
kidsnwork
Casting On

Hello from Kansas
I am Teresa and have been knitting for almost 2 years. I have come to KnittingHelp several times to figure something out and decided it was now time to check out the forum. Wow! Lots of great information here also.
I do need some help so will jump over to another thread for some help.

Teresa
kidsnwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #2956
emiebug89
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to emiebug89
hi
I am so glad I came across this site, I am just learning how to knit and it is so helpful!
emiebug89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #2957
Lunarora
Casting On

Hello all!
Hello knittinghelp.com!
I am so glad to have stumbled across this site. I am an average knitter who doesn't always read instructions very well and finds herself wound up in some anxious knitting moment. In other words, I plan on using this site extensively so be wary....

I am currently working on Anouk from Knitty for my sweet baby girl and I know I'll be here posting fairly soon. It's not nearly as simple as I expected. I think the writing is just poor.

Anyway, hello hello! Have a great night!
Lunarora
Lunarora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:16 AM   #2958
luingknit
Casting On

Hi

I live on a small island on the west coast of Scotland. I have been a knitter since about the age of 4 when my grandmother taught me. In my time I have knitted baby shawls, cardigans, jumpers, ponchos (the first time they were fashionable), loads of aran sweaters and a guernsey sweater for my better half David.

I found this site through a user who posts to a non-knitting site that I also belong to.

Looks like a very friendly group. Look forward to contributing to posts from fellow knits.

Best wishes
Morag
luingknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #2959
Calenandellasmomma
Casting On

Hello,

I absolutely love this site! The videos have been so helpful for me in my journey of learning to knit.

Thank you,
Molly
Calenandellasmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #2960
8kids4me
Casting On

Just found this site!
I was doing a search for yarn shops in Ft. Campbell, and this site came up. I'm looking forward to learning my way around.

I have 8 kids(only 2 left at home) and I homeschool. I am a mawmaw of two, with two more due in the next month or so(one of them is part of the big Ft. Campbell baby boom!). I have a son serving in Iraq, and a son in law who came back last fall. We do a lot of traveling, and my knitting bag is always the first thing in the car!

Cindy B
8kids4me is offline   Reply With Quote