Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
red26
Casting On

Help with "eyelets" instructions - Dawn Brocco pattern
I truly hope someone out there can help! I got this cutesy pattern for a lacey little bag from the Annie's Attic site; get a free pattern daily, and finally got around to whipping it up.

I have never knit lace before - and was so proud of this one skein achievement in 1 day - until....... the second last row is the eyelets and I absolutely cannot make any sense of it. Please help explain what does it mean and how am I supposed to do it?

"*K7, yf, sl1, yb, sl1, pass first sl st over 2nd sl st, sl1, pass 2nd st over 3rd st, place rem st back on LH ndl, wrap yarn over RH ndl, pass last st on RH ndl over and pull snug, make 2 twisted loops on RH ndl, rep from * around."

Now I managed to get from:
"*K7, yf, sl1, yb, sl1, pass first sl st over 2nd sl st, sl1, pass 2nd st over 3rd st, place rem st back on LH ndl, wrap yarn over RH ndl, pass last st on RH ndl over and pull snug"
all okay! But the next bit - make 2 twisted loop on RH ndl? what is that and what do you do with the st you moved back to the left needle and has anyone ever done this????
HELP
red26 is offline   Reply With Quote