Old 08-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
red26
Casting On

Help with "eyelets" instructions - Dawn Brocco pattern
I truly hope someone out there can help! I got this cutesy pattern for a lacey little bag from the Annie's Attic site; get a free pattern daily, and finally got around to whipping it up.

I have never knit lace before - and was so proud of this one skein achievement in 1 day - until....... the second last row is the eyelets and I absolutely cannot make any sense of it. Please help explain what does it mean and how am I supposed to do it?

"*K7, yf, sl1, yb, sl1, pass first sl st over 2nd sl st, sl1, pass 2nd st over 3rd st, place rem st back on LH ndl, wrap yarn over RH ndl, pass last st on RH ndl over and pull snug, make 2 twisted loops on RH ndl, rep from * around."

Now I managed to get from:
"*K7, yf, sl1, yb, sl1, pass first sl st over 2nd sl st, sl1, pass 2nd st over 3rd st, place rem st back on LH ndl, wrap yarn over RH ndl, pass last st on RH ndl over and pull snug"
all okay! But the next bit - make 2 twisted loop on RH ndl? what is that and what do you do with the st you moved back to the left needle and has anyone ever done this????
HELP
red26 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-12-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Mystery_Gyrl
Turning the Heel

Help with "eyelets" instructions - Dawn Brocco pattern
At first I thought the directions might be referring to the two stitches you just made; however, I started thinking they might want you to make (cast on) two new stitches by using the thumb or Backward-Loop cast on method. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ques/index.php
the second cast on method from the top. HTH.
Katrina
Mystery_Gyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystery_Gyrl For This Useful Post:
red26 (08-12-2007)
Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
lakeout
Casting On

I agree with Katrina, the instructions are giving you a specific type of increase to use. Another link thaqt may help:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...099#msg1637099

Linda in NC
lakeout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeout For This Useful Post:
red26 (08-12-2007)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
red26
Casting On

Originally Posted by Mystery_Gyrl View Post
At first I thought the directions might be referring to the two stitches you just made; however, I started thinking they might want you to make (cast on) two new stitches by using the thumb or Backward-Loop cast on method. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ques/index.php
the second cast on method from the top. HTH.
Katrina
Thanks, I am going to try this; so - having made the 2 loops on the RH ndle, then what do I do with them? I would have on my RH ndle 2 loops then the snug wrapped stitch with the working yarn! How do you go on from there? Pattern then says to repeat - K7, yf etc. Do you slip the loops to the next ndle and THEN K7? Sorry to seem so dopey but strangely I am terrified of my knitting morphing into Knotting/Macrame!
red26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
You just knit the next 7. The stitches you added won't be knit until the next row.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 AM   #6
Mystery_Gyrl
Turning the Heel

Help with "eyelets" instructions - Dawn Brocco
Hi Red:
In case you haven't already read Suzeeq's post or continued knitting on your own. The free tail of your knitting should still be available after casting on the two stitches (which is probably to replace the stitches you "removed from play" when you passed your slip stitches over). And as Suzeeq stated the two newly cast on stitches won't be worked until the next row, continue repeating the pattern between the asterisks however many times the pattern calls for with the remaining stitches on the left hand needle. Dopey questions I don't see any dopey questions . Good luck.
Katrina
Mystery_Gyrl is offline   Reply With Quote