Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #31
cando
Knitting the Flap
 
cando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 267
Thanks: 62
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jeanius80 View Post
great question! thier shipping prices are very reasonable. the coop admin will place the order (ours, and the other coop members) and then she breaks it down and sends it out.she does 2 payments:

1st Payment: Just your yarn/product total

2nd Payment: Shipping from company (divided up) + shipping from me to you(she'll mail our group order to me) + coop fee($1)

this is the plan:
  • A.place orders, get totals (i send payment to coop, you send payment to me)
  • B.divde my 2nd payment by our # of ppl
  • C.figure ACTUAL shipping for each order
  • add B and C for each person, and you send payment to me, i send yarn to you
Thanks for the breakup and for offering to take orders, Jeanie.
I'm wondering if there's an estimate of the company's shipping costs? Since we're essentially paying shipping twice, it would be good to know if the overall cost per skein ends up nearly the same. Either way sounds like a good deal and their colors are spectacular!

Sent you a PM last night. Thank you!
__________________
~Cando
http://soxnsalsa.blogspot.com/
cando is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #32
jeanius80
Instepping Out
 
jeanius80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 758
Thanked 402 Times in 347 Posts
i believe shipping is $3 a skein direct from the site. i am not sure what the shipping totals will be until the coop closes, as it's a very large order (she's aiming for 500 skeins) I would venture to guess that a large order would cost less to ship than a bunch of smaller orders direct to buyer. does that make sense?
just for fun, i put in a 500 skein order, full price, and shipping was 35.50 fedex. so it will be a better deal than ordering direct. HTH
__________________
my blog
(<--destashing on ravelry)
on my needles - socks!!, hat, SOTSii, bday dress for dd on my hook- one big granny square baby blanket
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #33
cando
Knitting the Flap
 
cando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 267
Thanks: 62
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jeanius80 View Post
i believe shipping is $3 a skein direct from the site. i am not sure what the shipping totals will be until the coop closes, as it's a very large order (she's aiming for 500 skeins) I would venture to guess that a large order would cost less to ship than a bunch of smaller orders direct to buyer. does that make sense?
just for fun, i put in a 500 skein order, full price, and shipping was 35.50 fedex. so it will be a better deal than ordering direct. HTH
Makes sense to me! Thank you
__________________
~Cando
http://soxnsalsa.blogspot.com/
cando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #34
jeanius80
Instepping Out
 
jeanius80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 758
Thanked 402 Times in 347 Posts
i just got an answer about the lace weight. it is one ply HTH
__________________
my blog
(<--destashing on ravelry)
on my needles - socks!!, hat, SOTSii, bday dress for dd on my hook- one big granny square baby blanket
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #35
zip
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by jeanius80 View Post
i just got an answer about the lace weight. it is one ply HTH

Thanks! What's the difference between the two worsted weights? The 3-ply costs a little more than the one that doesn't state a ply. They're the same weight, so I know I'm failing to comprehend something that everyone else just... somehow... knows. help!



  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 PM   #36
jeanius80
Instepping Out
 
jeanius80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 2,623
Thanks: 758
Thanked 402 Times in 347 Posts
the merino comes in a 1 ply (like malabrigo) and also a 3 ply. the 3 ply is the higher price, likely because of the little bit more time it takes to ply.
__________________
my blog
(<--destashing on ravelry)
on my needles - socks!!, hat, SOTSii, bday dress for dd on my hook- one big granny square baby blanket
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #37
cando
Knitting the Flap
 
cando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 267
Thanks: 62
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by zip View Post
Thanks! What's the difference between the two worsted weights? The 3-ply costs a little more than the one that doesn't state a ply. They're the same weight, so I know I'm failing to comprehend something that everyone else just... somehow... knows. help!
Both are worsted, yes, but one of them is spun in a single ply (the one that doesn't mention how many ply) and the other is 3 thinner strands twisted together tightly (3-ply). The difference is in feel and stitch definition. Some prefer single ply, some multiple. Here are a couple of skeins in the same color from their website to show you the difference. First one is the 1 ply merino, the second one is 3-ply. HTH.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1ply.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	42951  Click image for larger version

Name:	3ply.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	42952  
__________________
~Cando
http://soxnsalsa.blogspot.com/
cando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cando For This Useful Post:
jeanius80 (08-24-2007)
Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #38
zip
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by jeanius80 View Post
the merino comes in a 1 ply (like malabrigo) and also a 3 ply. the 3 ply is the higher price, likely because of the little bit more time it takes to ply.
Thanks, Jeanie. Sorry to be dunderheaded. I'm still drooling and debating which ones to order. trying be reasonable about it and not go hog-wild.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:24 PM   #39
zip
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by cando View Post
Both are worsted, yes, but one of them is spun in a single ply (the one that doesn't mention how many ply) and the other is 3 thinner strands twisted together tightly (3-ply). The difference is in feel and stitch definition. Some prefer single ply, some multiple. Here are a couple of skeins in the same color from their website to show you the difference. First one is the 1 ply merino, the second one is 3-ply. HTH.
Thank you! The single gleams so, doesn't it? I'm getting closer to knowing what I want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #40
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel
 
dakatzmeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 701
Thanks: 45
Thanked 89 Times in 87 Posts
not go hog wild? what is this you speak of?
__________________
= dakatzmeow

married my beloved january 9, 2008!!!!! <3
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
has anyone felted 100purewool? huzefasid General Knitting 9 03-24-2012 05:36 AM
New 100purewool.com Coop wyualice General Knitting 2 11-04-2007 09:18 AM
100purewool 3-ply candicane General Knitting 2 09-20-2007 08:01 PM
100purewool.com ChroniclesofYarnia General Knitting 3 08-10-2007 10:42 AM
Tell me about 100purewool Momto G B and H General Knitting 7 06-22-2007 08:30 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.