Old 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #281
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

Complete and I love it!
I finished my Tempting and it fits!

Here is a picture. It won't let me upload the other pictures, even though they are resized, so you will have to check out my blog for the shots!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement everyone!
Attached Images:

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #282
MarthaStarWarsFan
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by BostonBecca View Post
I finished my Tempting and it fits!

Here is a picture. It won't let me upload the other pictures, even though they are resized, so you will have to check out my blog for the shots!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement everyone!
Wow! Tempting came out SO nice! I really need to start MY first sweater...but I'm such a fraidy cat, haha!

Martha
MarthaStarWarsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarthaStarWarsFan For This Useful Post:
BostonBecca (08-29-2007)
Old 08-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #283
ADAllen
Turning the Heel

That is beautiful! Congratulations

ADAllen
The Kniterati
ADAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ADAllen For This Useful Post:
BostonBecca (08-29-2007)
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 AM   #284
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Originally Posted by BostonBecca View Post
Wow, that is a gorgeous sweater. Mine is done as well, and is just drying. I will put the ribbon in when I get home and take pictures!
You did long sleeves!!! Wow!!! What a great idea!!!

You look adorable, btw! Just adorable!!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
BostonBecca (08-29-2007)
Old 08-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #285
heykaren
Knitting the Flap

Hey - good job girlfriend!!!!!! Looks great!

One of these days Ill have to post a pic of my imitation Tempting that Ive finished ages ago and have been wearing proudly!!!!!

Karen

heykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #286
heykaren
Knitting the Flap

Well, I promised you pictures and Ive FINALLY gotten them off the camera and onto the computer so here goes!

My garnstudio Tempting:

And my Knitty W top:

Unfortunately, mine are packed away now until next spring/summr. Becca - you might even still be using yours!!!!!

Karen

heykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #287
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by heykaren View Post
Well, I promised you pictures and Ive FINALLY gotten them off the camera and onto the computer so here goes!

My garnstudio Tempting:

And my Knitty W top:

Unfortunately, mine are packed away now until next spring/summr. Becca - you might even still be using yours!!!!!

Karen
WONDERFUL WORK! You look divine! Thanks for sharing!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #288
Rhea
1st Leg of the Journey

So I don't know if this KAL is still active, but I am just starting my very first sweater. It is actually my own (very simple) design and I am really excited about making my first sweater and wanted to join me first KAL too!

My DB bought me knitpicks options! He's a keeper for sure!

OTN:
Holly, from InterweaveKnits spring 2008
My very first sweater!
::
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #289
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Rhea, I just started my first sweater last week, and I was hoping to join this KAL too! We'll revive it together! I'd love to see pics as you go. I'm making this sweater, I've got about 6" of the back done. It's a fun knit, and going faster than I thought it would. I doubt I will get to wear it this winter, though! :P

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #290
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Rhea, I just started my first sweater last week, and I was hoping to join this KAL too! We'll revive it together! I'd love to see pics as you go. I'm making this sweater, I've got about 6" of the back done. It's a fun knit, and going faster than I thought it would. I doubt I will get to wear it this winter, though! :P
Hi Abbily! Wow! I LOVE THAT SWEATER PATTERN! Now I will tell you why I think it is a good pattern design for a first sweater:
the sleeve application is "dropped shoulders"...meaning that the body (front and back) pieces are knit straight up, no decreasing, no special armhole shaping. Same goes with the sleeves: besides the normal width increases...there is no armhole/cap shaping. This makes the seaming of the sleeves to the body so easy! [All you will need to do is seam the shoulders together, spread or lay out the Front to the east and the Back to the West...and line up the middle of the top of the sleeve to the shoulder seam...pin the sleeve to the front and back...and seam! Then, you seam the right side from the bottom of the front up to the armpit, turn at the armpit and seam down the sleeve to the cuff! Voila! Done!

I also always recommend a pullover for a first sweater because it doesn't have buttonholes and buttonbands, and neckline shaping for the two Front pieces.

Pullovers with dropped shoulders are good to get your sweater experience started with!

I assume you already have cable experience, and experience is using cable 'charts'. A little tip: color code all the cable combinations on your chart. Like, for example, color code all the right-leaning cables in red; and , cable all the left-leaning cables with blue. Then also color code the cable "key" chart the same. This makes for less mistakes and mis-crossed cables. And the knitting goes much faster.

I am going to "save" this K. Zimmerman pattern! Maybe I will make it myself down the road a ways!

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Hi Rhea: Have you started your sweater yet? I know you said you are designing a pattern yourself. What are the general details? Pullover? Cardigan? Long sleeve? Short Sleeve? Dropped shoulders? Colorwork? Cables? Boat Neck? Crew neck?

Abbily's sweater is what I would call a crew neck...just a simple little round neckline, before the addition of the stand-up collar, which I always eliminate because I have a short neck!

If you haven't already started, Abbily's sweater is a good one if you feel comfortable with the cabling aspect.

Artlady at Rav