Old 08-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Thanks so much you guys Truly, the online hugs do help.

StitchWitch, sorry you have to go through it each time you visit. Try not to cry! At least you go visit for god's sake. And Mulene, yes, sorry for you too, what a drag, how hard to not be appreciated. (did you see that Johnny Cash movie with Joaquin Phoenix and how his dad treated him when he went home? good example)

My dad lives in Arizona and I'm on the east coast so I only see him when he comes to visit in the summer. My husband said he can't come anymore. (he actually broke a tooth at our last lunch he was just so upset, not used to yelling)

Well, my dad went to visit his sister in Michigan before me, and she has full blown dementia. So, maybe he is on that road already. He does compliment me a lot, and really admires my life, says I'm the only one who turned out ok (my sisters both got divorces last year). Soooooo. He is happy at his Senior Citizens center each day,plays pool all afternoon. I guess that's the best thing for him.

Funny note: last night I called to see if he got home ok. He started ranting about my sister's teenage daughter who is being taken away by her husband (custody I mean). Then he said "It's all because of Women's Lib. That's what started everything." Is that funny or what?

THANKS AGAIN REALLY, MUCH APPRECIATED

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #12
debinoz
Turning the Heel

Enjoy it while you can because one day he'll be gone and you'll give almost anything to hear him yell at you just one more time......