Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #21
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,781 Times in 7,145 Posts
Thank you everyone! You're the best!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #22
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by scout52 View Post
but i think you mods do i great job and I hope no one else leaves.

Ditto!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
Silver (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Thanks for the support, truly.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #24
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

misstialouise, THERE YOU ARE!!! i've missed you and your snood! (that's what that is in your avatar pic, right? i love those things. ) there's still loads of to be had here on the forum.

Silver, don't beat yourself up. i think you're an incredible mod. and on top of it, you're a mom and a sock goddess. you can't obssess over KH 25 hours a day. no, that's not a typo. now go relax and pet your sterling some more.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
Silver (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #25
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Thanks everyone. I wasn't fishing for compliments though. Just feeling kinda bummed about the whole thing. I'll be ok though...
i can't imagine any of our mods ever fishing for compliments. but you DO deserve them. we definitely don't give them enough. i appreciate everything all of you do, and you make KH what it is.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Violet For This Useful Post:
Silver (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #26
bobi1218
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to bobi1218
Just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time! Mods, you do a great job, don't let a few bad apples (or just unhappy apples) get you down

bobi1218 on Ravelry
bobi1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobi1218 For This Useful Post:
Silver (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
letah75
Working the Gusset

I would like to add my thanks and to all of the mods, and to Amy and Sheldon! I have gotten so much from KH, whether knitting help, or a smile that brightens my day....it's all been such a wonderful experience.

Sometime people part ways, and its sad (I still have no idea what happened as I don't really visit the blog section), but it happens.

Mods are her to moderate not referee and I for one (and obviously others agree) believe you all do a wonderful job. KH is still the nicest place on the web, and one of the most inclusive and inviting places I've ever been a part of. The hearts of the people who post/lurk are some of the biggest around. To me this community is like a family...all be it large and geographically spread out.

There will be some problems, but those will be few and far between. I hope no one leaves, and I hope that there will be no hurt feelings anymore. But if there are please remember life is full of ups and downs, you just have to embrace the ups, and ride out the downs....you can't get bogged down in negativity, you have to let it slide off or you'll never be happy.

I the mods and the people who are KHers. I have had much joy brought into my life, and met some of the MOST wonderful and forgiving people on this forum. I can't imagine anything that would make me give you guys up!!!

Well I'm off to

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to letah75 For This Useful Post:
Denise in Michigan (09-06-2007), Silver (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #28
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Originally Posted by bobi1218 View Post
Just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time! Mods, you do a great job, don't let a few bad apples (or just unhappy apples) get you down
And in defense of those who have (or will be) leaving, I'd like to add that you shouldn't assume they're "bad apples." There were many misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Just because someone is leaving doesn't mean they are "bad."

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DotMom61 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (09-06-2007), MaryB (09-06-2007), sara_jayne (09-06-2007), Silver (09-06-2007), Susan P. (09-06-2007), wildforyarn (09-06-2007)
Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #29
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
No one who is leaving is bad by anymeans. Things happened that lead to confusion and hurt feeling. A real shame.

And they didn't leave because KH is bad--we're still here with the same heart and attitude.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 PM   #30
misstialouise
Working the Gusset

Wow.. prolific little bunch, aren't you??

It's good to see you all too!

Bubba is good, almost one!! (Can you beleive it????) And he's HUUUGE!! Eight teeth (with another four cutting), almost walking and on the verge of associating himself saying "mumum" and "dadadad" with DH & I.. WOO! :D

I'm about to start Weight Watchers, because I desperately need help with my weight. I've tried going solo, and well, with running around after DS, and doing our perpetual spring clean, I just can't get my head around everything all at once. So I'm reaching out (and forking out) for help :D I'm pretty keen to do the annual 14k run in August next year, so once I drop about 20kgs I can start training :D

Other than that, am just trudging though every day... y'know... one emotion at a time :D

Version: 1.1
KCR++ Exp+ SPM+ *Options+++ Addi+ Wood+ Cas+ Cot++ Wool+++ Lux++ Hemp++ Nov+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent Lace++ Tex++ Felt+++ Flat Circ+++ DPN ML2 Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB GaugeDK(F) WIP+(++) ALTSw+Sp+Cr+X

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On my Options:
Drake the Dreaded Dragon Backpack - girly version for my niece for Christmas

I'M IN !! I'm vintagegrrl on Ravelry
misstialouise is offline   Reply With Quote