Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #31
Mommy22alyns
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by knittynewbie View Post
Mommy22,
I have a bunch of them too...thank goodness the Harmonys aren't expensive by the way, LOVE your 2 FO's in your avatar

Thank you!

Knitting for baby - those little things fly off the needles!
Mommy22alyns is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #32
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Ya know I could have done without all the reviews saying that they were so slick because that takes away my last excuse for not buying them!

*shakes fist and gets out credit card*
Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #33
robynbird
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by brendajos View Post
Ya know I could have done without all the reviews saying that they were so slick because that takes away my last excuse for not buying them!

*shakes fist and gets out credit card*

I just some today and felt them...they are soooo smooth! Also, the colors are darker than in the pictures and they are really pretty. Darker green and pink/red with natural wood too. I'm so glad I got them!

Mom to Missy & Zach & Baby Girl due in December
Wife to Gene

robynbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robynbird For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (09-13-2007)
Old 09-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #34
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
Hi!

I sent my "input" to KnitPicks a few days ago.

I asked them to think about creating Harmony OPTIONS in natural wood tones, either solid or swirled, as an addition to the Rainbow Swirl Harmonys. I explained my reasons...about the Rainbow Swirl being such a riot of color for my eye. It is really just one knitter's opinion.

Geogianna from Customer Service already responded to my email...and said she would pass my letter along to the Design Team! So, who know???

I also sent them that image of the Grafton circs that were $30. I asked them to please save me from these people!!

Besides that, the money...I am certain that the KP Harmonys will KNIT BETTER than Graftons, or any other brand of wood or bamboo needle.

I don't have a lot of experience with wood or bamboo. I have some Lantern Moons, some Crystal Palace and some Clovers. Sometimes a project needs wood!

Most of my knitting needs fast, slick, quick METALS...like Addis and Options.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #35
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
ok now y'all are making me want these, not good. I'd talked myself out of them b/c I already have the options set and the denise set...Christmas is around the corner though---hummm.
whoever got the long circ for ml please let me know how you like it, I was thinkin of ordering one of those.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
snowangel
Ribbing the Cuff

I got my sock DPN's today! I ordered some size 1's to try them out. Because they are so little they only have three colors, purple, green, and yellow. They are very pretty and like everyone else said, darker colors. They are very smooth and nice to use! (I cast on a gague swatch for some sock yarn I had immediately)
The Following User Says Thank You to snowangel For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (09-14-2007)
Old 09-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #37
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

I received my set today (ordered the set of tips) and they really are lovely. The colors are much darker/richer than they show on the site and they are deliciously smooth. I knit a bit with them and they are wonderful - the joins are flawless and the yarn slides nicely, but with a better "grip" than on the Options! The color was not at all distracting using a solid yarn (not sure if I will feel the same with a variegated yarn, will have to try it out). I really wanted some wood needles, but didn't want to give up the flexibility of the Options cords - so I am a very happy camper right now Now I feel like a very well armed knitter - ready to take on any yarn thrown my way
Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #38
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,890 Times in 3,011 Posts
Originally Posted by chrislt8 View Post
I received my set today (ordered the set of tips) and they really are lovely. The colors are much darker/richer than they show on the site and they are deliciously smooth. I knit a bit with them and they are wonderful - the joins are flawless and the yarn slides nicely, but with a better "grip" than on the Options! The color was not at all distracting using a solid yarn (not sure if I will feel the same with a variegated yarn, will have to try it out). I really wanted some wood needles, but didn't want to give up the flexibility of the Options cords - so I am a very happy camper right now Now I feel like a very well armed knitter - ready to take on any yarn thrown my way
Hi Chris! Thanks so much for your input and feedback!
Darn. Now I am leaning towards ordering! At least one set of tips.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #39
Lady Violet
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
ok now y'all are making me want these, not good. I'd talked myself out of them b/c I already have the options set and the denise set...Christmas is around the corner though---hummm.
whoever got the long circ for ml please let me know how you like it, I was thinkin of ordering one of those.
i got the 32" for ML. i was going to do some toe-up socks. i part of the toe, then decided to move on to another project with the same tips. i will probably just frog what little i had done. i'm currently working on my first sock using silver's tutorial (of course). i really do like ML. i will definitely be using it a lot. i intend to use it (with the same cable and tips) for a couple of hats for christmas presents. it completely eliminates the need to switch to DPNs when you reach the decrease rounds.

"Beautiful yarn speaks to the soul of a knitter." - Shandeh

"The Swatch is good. The Swatch is wise. Listen to the Swatch." - Sandi Wiseheart

Lady Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #40
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

ArtLady, I really do think you would be pleased with them. Maybe not for everything as I can see the colors being a little too much if using a very variegated yarn...but the quality of them, the richness of the tones, smoothness of finish, etc., are really lovely. Maybe you should just go ahead an order one set of tips to try them out I think they would have been great while knitting that white Khaki Cables sweater JMO