Old 09-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Pay It Forward Exchange
I think this is the right place to post this....
I don't know if any of you have seen this Exchange online, but it's like the movie, "Pay it Forward" and if you see the following posted on someone's blog you sign up or (I have room for one more on my blog, but that's not why I'm posting...I just think this is the coolest exchange!):

It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. You all know I’m already a PIF type of person. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet, and it won’t be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise! What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

And you continue from there...fyi, this is what I've seen that all the blogs are posting, I didn't write "You all know I'm already a PIF type of person" but I didn't remove it from the posting because it's in the others', too.
So, if you would like to participate, I would LOVE to have you as one of my Pay It Forward and should I have all 3, you can check the blogs of one of my 3 angels, and if they are full, one of their 3 angels, and so the love should flow all around the www! AND, you have SIX months to complete it!
If ya'll saw the Pay It Forward movie you will really understand how large it can get just by showing love to your fellow humans on the planet!!
I'M SO EXCITED

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rebecca For This Useful Post:
jeanius80 (09-16-2007)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Hey Knitty People!!!!
This is such FUN!!! I have my wonderful Pay It Forward 's angels and, even though I have 6 MONTHS to complete this exchange, my mind and imagination are fast at work!!
I love the idea of making something for someone and paying it forward! Of course, I'm excited to know I'm getting a wonderful surprise from my original PIFer!
So....if you are interested, come on join this group of super angels and head on over to Julie's (jberry16) blog and sign up! Hurry, but there's no need to push because this exchange is limitless!!!
Let's Pay It Forward all over the WWW and.....you are going to, not only spread love and joy , you are also going to receive something wonderful made by a PIF !!!!

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

Last edited by rebecca : 09-16-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added wording
Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
jeanius80
Instepping Out

BUmp

I signed up through jberry's blog
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I saw you there Jeannie, I'll be contacting you later today!
Really folks, you have 6 months to make something handmade-doesn't have to be knit or crochet-who knows maybe you get someone who appreciates knitting with hand dyed yarn...o what fun that can be! So come join us at my blog and pay it forward!!!
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Oh this is such a cool idea!! I love it! I signed up and will go throw the same message up on my blog as well. Pay it forward!!

I used to do this even before the movie came out. You know you are in line at the grocery store and the person in front of you is short a few cents or a dollar and you give it to them. "How can I pay you back?" and the answer was always, "Help someone else some day." Of course now it is
"Pay it forward!"

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks for signing up ladies! I still have room for 1 more and Jeanius80 & knitncook still need theirs...c'mon y'all
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #7
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
OK I m.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Jackie Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I'M SO EXCITED We are going to have such fun!!! I am SO ENJOYING watching this grow, my heart is so full of love for everyone who is joining! Do I sound sappy or what
I've had to turn a lady away, she went to julie's blog and she was full, she went to my other PIF angels and they were full! She said she hoped to get in with one of ya'll....I just emailed her back and told her that if I were her that I would post a comment on one of your blogs (even if you don't have your PIF post done yet) and say I WANNA PLAY!! So, if ya'll see "aknita" wanting to join, I've sent her to you!

isn't it exciting to watch this grow and grow?!

AND....my imagination is running overtime!!! I have many projects that must be done, but, goodness, I have all sorts of ideas brewing! Oh, one of my PIF has friends that have joined her that make homemade soap...I woud LOVE to receive homemade soap!!! Perhaps I'll learn in this next 6 months and some of my 's will get soap and who knows what?!

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #9
jeanius80
Instepping Out

so cool becka! i need to go check and see if anyone has signed up on my blog...brb

nope no sign ups yet.
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM   #10
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Pls visit my blog if u one to be the one.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Jackie Lim is offline   Reply With Quote