Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
astonh
Turning the Heel

MORE QUESTIONS...K up 1--How? (See First Post)
I want to do a lifted increase using the "K up 1" stitch. I've got a book that shows in pix what I'm SUPPOSED to do but I STILL don't get it. Can anyone help explain HOW I'm supposed to do this stitch?

Thanks, in advance, for you assistance on this.

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS... Okay, I've determined that the KRL and KLL is the increase I'm wanting. So here is next question... I'm knitting on arm one headed toward the back of the garment. (1) When I get to the stitch marker, WHICH do I do:
KRL, slip marker, KLL and then go about my pattern OR
KLL, slip marker, KRL and then go about my pattern.

and then (2) do I just do the opposite after I've gone across the back and am about to hit the raglan sleeve for arm 2? Again, this is a top down project.

(3...last question for now) For the stitch pattern I'm doing, I need two increase stitches per section each row and am in many cases beginning the pattern IMMEDIATELY after the increase. I saw on Amy's video that after you do the KRL and the KLL you are supposed to k1. If I've got another stitch combo (i.e. k2tog) can I just go ahead and do that or do I have to do the k1 FIRST and THEN go to my pattern.

I'm crossing my fingers I can do the increase and just mosey along as being required to k1 FIRST will cause me to have to rewrite this friggin pattern again.

THANK YOU!!!

FO: Garter Stitch Baby Kimono, Baby Roots Cardigan, Knitted Baby Hat, Custom Adjustable Felted Guitar Strap, Flirtation Cozy, Modified Knit Coffee Sleeve, Scarf, My So-Called Scarf, Baby Converse Shoes, Balaclava, Various Dish/Wash Cloths

www.trowelanderror.blogspot.com
Oh...and I'm heajames on Ravelry

Last edited by astonh : 09-19-2007 at 05:25 PM.
astonh is offline   Reply With Quote