Old 10-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #31
threesmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Riss View Post
You lay in bed at night, and instead of counting sheep, you're counting knit one.. purl one...
I do that! Only I don't count, I just watch the stitches until I fall asleep ...

How about: ... It takes you far, far, faaarrr longer to deliberate and pack your knitting for a trip than it does to pack everything else.

You start getting philosophical about the knitting, and try to get other non-knitters to understand, and they just say things like "Hon, are you talking about that knitted tube again?"(it's an i-cord, a simple miracle, the whole so much more magical than the sum of its' parts.....!)

Or if you pick up the phone at work, identify yourself, and the person on the other end says something like "Beth? Oh, Beth, the short one, The One Who Knits."

And, you've actually caught yourself walking toward a perfect stranger, fingers outstretched, catching yourself just at the last moment before you began to fondle the sweater and peer at the stitches

Working on ... Central Park Hoodie, socks!, another baby blanket ...
Recent FOs ...baby blankets, v-neck sweater!, Nakiska headband, socks

I'm justbeth on

threesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #32
PaperGirl
Turning the Heel

When your DH gives up his favorite recliner so you can have the better light for your knitting while you watch TV together.

PaperGirl there too!

PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #33
Jennmarie68
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to Jennmarie68
This one just happened to me last night...

You know you're a knitter when you dream that you've gotten your invite to Ravelry and that you uploaded pictures of your stash and all you projects....

Christmas knitting ARGH!!!!
OTN: Scarf for DBF, Scarf for sister
Projects waiting to be made: table runner for mother
I can't wait to make something for myself again.

I'M IN RAVLERY!!! Jennmarie68
Jennmarie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennmarie68 For This Useful Post:
madametj (10-12-2007)
Old 10-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
losnana
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by merryknitter View Post
You know you're a knitter when you go to Office Depot and ask for a "SKEIN" of paper!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #35
Carla1019
Knitting the Flap

You know you are a knitter when......you find out your DH has to go to the hospital to take care of another kidney stone and you know you get to knit the whole time. happen to me yesterday..(DH is doing fine)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #36
KT120
Ribbing the Cuff

Yup Carla1019 I have to agree with you. I just spent 2 whole days in the hospital with someone who was having a TT done and all I thought was "I'm going to get soooo much knitting done...".

When a 6 hour flight does not bother you in the least because you will have all that time to knit and knit and knit.

You know you are a knitter when your budget is tight but you "need" to have some money for yarn in there somewhere. Especially for the Malabrigo.

On Deck: Beer Cozy, Ugg baby booties, Transformer wash cloth

FO: Obligatory first scarf, socks, knitted hat,Felted clutch from One Skein, Lily Bag,Irish hiking scarf, Felted Bowl from One Skein
KT120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #37
Lisa R.
Turning the Heel

Quote:
How about: ... It takes you far, far, faaarrr longer to deliberate and pack your knitting for a trip than it does to pack everything else.
Okay, then I guess dd and I are now officially, "for real" knitters. Our family is taking our first vacation in years, and dd and I have tote bags full of yarn and needles---like we're gonna finish 16 projects in the midst of the actual vacation activities! Still...better to have extra than find time on our hands and all our projects finished!
Lisa R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #38
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Lisa R. View Post
Okay, then I guess dd and I are now officially, "for real" knitters. Our family is taking our first vacation in years, and dd and I have tote bags full of yarn and needles---like we're gonna finish 16 projects in the midst of the actual vacation activities! Still...better to have extra than find time on our hands and all our projects finished!
I am planning on going to Spain in May on a knitting trip with Jane Unraveled(aka jane thornley) and am already thinking about the yarn I should bring. I know I will buy some there (it is a knitting trip) but it is a 15 hour flight!
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #39
DorothyDot
Knitting the Flap

You know you're a knitter when... you're in a meeting and you spend your time figuring out the pattern stitch used in your boss' sweater - and quick write it down so you can knit it up yourself!

Dot

My words sell the Magic of a Dream

DorothyDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #40
Jenn_Knitter
Ribbing the Cuff

You know you're a knitter when:

You spend an hour explaining the "special" decrease you used along the armhole of a sweater that made it nice and neat to a friend who doesn't knit. (You know they're your true friend when - they let you go on about it and pretend interested.)

Your lifelong dream is to be worthy of the title "Domiknitrix".

You have little "knitting stations" set up all over the house. There's the basket with a WIP in the living room. The yarn and needles in the night stand drawer. The knitting pattern book in the bathroom.

You have enough yarn in your stash to open your own LYS and yet you insist you need more yarn to, uh...finish a project. Yeah, that's the ticket.

You see every single object as something that could be cloaked in a sweater or scarf. (I've actually been cooking and been tempted to knit a cook book slip cover.)
Jenn_Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote