I have been working on a Cabled sweater for my sweetie for his birthday. I got the front and back done and was (I thought) more than halfway through the sleeves. I was looking at it and realized the sleeves would be about 5 feet long if I kept going as I was.
I stopped and counted my stitches, those were correct. I reread the pattern and checked my row counter, those were correct.
I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. I decided to check my guage. My guage was hideously off. I checked the front and back to make sure that was correct, it was.
I looked at my needles and lo and behold, I was using the wrong sized needles!!!
Needless to say, I spent last night frogging the sleeves.
To drown my sorrows, I cast on a the first of mitt of a pair of fingerless mitts...
Just a reminded to heed that old addage, measure twice, cut once. Or in this case, check your needle sizes!