Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
apinchofhope
Casting On

direction to wrap yarn in knit stitch
I have been knitting for a few years off and on, and I'm currently half-way through a super long harry potter scarf (red and gold stripes) on circular needles (which are so cool to use!). I was sitting with a friend who also knits, and we noticed that we knit differently. when I do the knit stitch, I wrap my yarn clockwise around the needle, while she wraps hers counter-clockwise. I have "knitting for dummies" and it shows wrapping the yarn counter-clockwise, but I don't remember what my book said (that I learned from)... is there any detriment to my knitting because I wrap it the other way? the finished stockinette stitch looks normal and neat, no twisted yarn or anything... any thoughts?
apinchofhope is offline   Reply With Quote