Thanks. I think it is a cute pattern.
The pattern said to knit one of the button bands that is built right on, I call it a self button band. But I didn't do it that way. I like picked up bands better and did it that way.
I tired the new Tulips buttonholes by Techknitter. I did the whole buttonhole row once and counted and I had gained a stitch at each buttonhole. So I worked on my buttonhole swatch some more and did it over. After that time I counted again. One extra stitch for each buttonhole.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with the buttonhole. I can do it on the swatch where I only have 8 stitches to keep track of but give me 63 and I mess up.
The buttonholes looked all right so I didn't want to try again, I just knit 2 stitches together at the left edge of each buttonhole on the next row. They look perfect. I guess my concentration/and or unfamiliarity with the buttonhole caused me to mess up the spacing.