I tried and tried and finally gave up on all my short row experiments...
my solution: I did not take up all stitches but 8 stitches to the left only. then I purled all WS rows over all stitches. On the RS rows I made k1 ssk knit the middle stitches then k2tog k1
back and forth until there were only 4 stitches left, then I did sl2 k2tog pass both slipped stitches over.
now, I hade thought of that to begin with, of course. But I really did not want to have to cut the yarn on each tooth.
So, I went back to my childhood craft experiments and whipped out the crochet hook. I did the tight stitches (don't ask the English name, please) down the left side of that tooth.
when I got to the bottom, I took that stitch onto the knitting needle again and took up 7 more stitches to start over.
the teeth now look triangular, shark shape, and are nicely 3-dimensional since the decreases make it look structured.
I am happy now and hope it will fit the little one (it will be a little big right now. But I will include a rubber string and it really is meant for a little later in her life..)
Continental Knitter with passion, pretty busy and always onto something new.
I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!