Old 09-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
PBELKNAP
Ribbing the Cuff

Blog: Too Many Pattern Books
Updated my blog...discovered that I have WAY too many pattern books. There is no way I'm going to make all the items in all these books in my lifetime!

http://wildknitter.blogspot.com/2010...-books-or.html

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com/

WIP = Granny Stipe Afghan (c), Yoke Sweater (k)

Done this year: Sheep-Go-Round Sweater (k), Sweater for Afghans for Afghans (k), Socks (k-2), Ladybug Afghan (c), EZ Set-in Sleeve Sweater (k), Afghans for Afghans Vest (k), Owls Sweater (k), Hooded Duck Blanket(k)

[/size]
PBELKNAP is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
vaudiss
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by PBELKNAP View Post
Updated my blog...discovered that I have WAY too many pattern books. There is no way I'm going to make all the items in all these books in my lifetime!

http://wildknitter.blogspot.com/2010...-books-or.html
I don't understand this concept of too many books of any sort.....never such a thing existed of too many books......this coming from a gir w 8 boxes still packed from a move and 3 unpacked

Hey I did it....I have an Etsy Store.... Viv's Stitches and Stuff
vaudiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
PBELKNAP
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by vaudiss View Post
I don't understand this concept of too many books of any sort.....never such a thing existed of too many books......this coming from a gir w 8 boxes still packed from a move and 3 unpacked
Oh, you DO understand!

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com/

WIP = Granny Stipe Afghan (c), Yoke Sweater (k)

Done this year: Sheep-Go-Round Sweater (k), Sweater for Afghans for Afghans (k), Socks (k-2), Ladybug Afghan (c), EZ Set-in Sleeve Sweater (k), Afghans for Afghans Vest (k), Owls Sweater (k), Hooded Duck Blanket(k)

[/size]
PBELKNAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
I'm constantly buying more pattern books, magazines, leaflets, etc. Right now I have 316 in my Ravelry library: 91 books, 164 magazines, 57 booklets, and 4 PDF files. I also have several other books and magazines and booklets that are not found in Ravelry. If I ever use any of those patterns, I will ask Ravelry to add them to their database.

I also have 240 issues of the old Workbasket magazines. Right now, they only have about 15 issues in the Ravelry database.

This doesn't include the hundreds of free and purchased patterns I have downloaded on my computer.

I'm a confirmed pattern addict.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
melmac51
Turning the Heel

I'm right there with y'all!

We'll all have to live to be 867 years old to make everything from the books/pamphlets/magazines/free downloads.

Here's to longevity!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
cftwo
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by vaudiss View Post
Only 11 boxes? I think last time I moved I had 30 boxes of books. (By training, I'm a philosopher, and I have a pretty extensive library of primary sources. Though someday I'll decide that I really don't need quite so many copies of Plato's Republic. )
cftwo is offline   Reply With Quote