Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

Vial of Life: Right now!
I cross-posted this on Ravelry and Crochetville, but I think it's that important. Before you read the rest of this, go here and do what it suggests:
http://www.vialoflife.com/index.html
Do this even if you're not a senior citizen. Print extras for people you know who don't go on the Net. Here's why:
I took one of these to my neighbor klast fall when we got them in at the fire department. She wasn't interested in filling it out right then and said she and her kids would get around to it. She has a complicated medical history takes numerous medications and had literally a dozen doctors prescribing things for her.

She had a stroke this morning and couldn't talk. (She's doing much better tonight.) All of us neighbors were there when the squad arrived, but none of us was sure what medications she took, and I couldn't think of her daughter's phone number. The for was still on her end table, left blank.

If anything happens and you can't talk--or if you just have the living daylights scared out of you and can't think--this will do the talking for you. For that matter, make one up for your pets if you use a sitter often and your critters have any kind of medical problems.

Just do it now. Someday may be too far off.
Jan in CA (12-14-2010), KathleenG (11-23-2010), melmac51 (09-28-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
raknfo
Casting On

thank you!I thought I would help!
Becky Morgan (10-06-2010)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Thank you so much for this! What a great idea! I hadn't heard of anything like it....wonder if it works in Canada. I'm going to print it off and take it to a local fire dept, police or paramedic.

My hubby and I live on a little-travelled country road, we're in our 60's, and I sometimes worry that if anything happened to one of us (or both)....who would find us?
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

It should work anywhere. You could make a keychain tag that says "see wallet card for medical history". (Medic Alert sells those, too.) Calling the ICE number on a cell phone will help, but it's best if the information is Right There. After all, our neighbor's daughter couldn't think of her meds and wasn't sure when she took what. If YOU write it down, you know it's correct.

Letting your local fire department and/or police know is also good. They might decide to start promoting the program too. Vial of Life used to ask people to put the information in their fridge, but after a few people couldn't find it, they started promoting ON the fridge as better.