Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
ChasingJoy
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to ChasingJoy
Make my own pattern for a blanket
My husband is a drupal developer and I want to make a blanket with the druplicon in the middle and the word DRUPAL below it. It seems simple enough but I don't know how to do this. I used knitpro 2.0 to upload a file of the druplicon so I have a graph of it now (without the word) but it needs to be resized to be much bigger. Does this make sense?

The second part of my question has to do with color. That link gives the exact color matches for the computer. Are there any yarn companies that tell you the RGB or Pantone color numbers for their yarns so you can match computer files? Does that make sense? I'm feeling unsure of the way to ask my question but very excited to make this blanket for my husband.

Thanks so much for your help!
Mel
ChasingJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

Hi!
This is a cute project! Great idea and a cute logo to go with it.

What size chart do you have now and how big does it have to be? (Maybe you can just accept every square to be 2 stitches and 2 rows or 3 stitches and 3 rows and just work from the chart as it is).

You can always draw the chart by hand with a big print of the logo on paper and calculating how wide of a grid you have to sketch over it. But if you have a sufficient grid already it would be easier to work off of that.

The color I would match in the store with something with the exact logo colors to hold onto the yarn. Online pictures will definitely not do for an exact match.

I do not remember ever seeing color numbers of general type on yarn or yarn sites. Maybe somebody else will know something about that, though.

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
ChasingJoy
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to ChasingJoy
Thanks! I'm thinking 48" x 84" for the blanket. The grid is 48" x 64". I don't want the logo to take up the entire blanket though. I want it to be large in the center with lots of a dark color all around. Should I just toss the knitpro grid and make my own?

Thanks for your help!
ChasingJoy is offline   Reply With Quote