Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
KnitterGirl12
Ribbing the Cuff

It is a cute slipover but I guess sometimes the things you knit don't always come out the way you want to. I think that the pink tie is pretty cool. Try to get him to wear it sometime! ( CAUTION!!!! Do not laugh!) I wonder how you have never given up on something hard. You sure? I wonder how every one has the bravery to actually share these memories! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
KnitterGirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:58 AM   #12
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

I don't feel brave. It was just a funny quest through my knitting memories of the last time to get to the failures

Oh, there is this one baby shoe. I knit it by the instruction. Then I sewed it up. Now I think the magazine must have be directed to elfes or someone like that because literelly the shoe is 15 cm long or longer... I have tried so many ways to put that piece together. None worked out. Oh well. Either I am dumb or the pattern is wrong. And that one I gave up on. The one shoe kicks around in my yarns somewhere. The other never got made. End of that shoe. I made others and was happy. So there is something I gave up on.

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

My first sweater. I didn't give up on it. I finished it, but was distressed when I put the buttons on and tried it on. One of the buttons (it was a double breasted sweater) sat right on my boob and it made the whole thing look horrible and dumpy. It was with chunky yarn and there were buttonholes made and everything. I WAS proud of it until I wore it. It's a warm sweater but I only wear it at home. If I'm REALLY cold. HA! I keep it anyway as it's my first "baby".

I just can't seem to get sweaters right. Their either too big or too small and I swear that I have the correct gauge. I keep to socks and other small projects and no one gets hurt. HA!
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Originally Posted by KnitterGirl12 View Post
Wow! Everyone has had a couple of mistakes! I am going to take some of your guy's advice and maybe take a class on knitting socks and maybe fixing mistakes. ( They would probably help! ) Thank you for your advice and memories!
Classes are a lot of fun as well as instructive. I'm taking a steeked sweater class now with a group of knitters from my LYS. It's so much fun! Since you're very young you might ask if they have a class for young people, too.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #15
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Classes are a lot of fun as well as instructive. I'm taking a steeked sweater class now with a group of knitters from my LYS. It's so much fun! Since you're very young you might ask if they have a class for young people, too.
eeeek, steek! That is something I just have not gotten to. And do not know if I ever need to. But have fun learning!

My LYS does not have classes but at least get-togethers (weekday daytimes mostly). There are mostly older ladies (70 plus mostly, but younger ones in their end fifties so they are not all old). And a lot of the discussion I overhear are about basics and such.
I unfortunately do not have so much time at the moment but I am just waiting for the moment when I do... I am actually thinking of teaching a class on something. Knitting in general or maybe stranding or "making a toy" or something like this. Projects people want to make and can actually finish in due time to not loose the interest.
I would not even care much if I got paid, I guess. But I would take yarn gifts So as soon as I get the chance to fit it into my schedule I might offer it at the shop. Maybe a "getting started" weekend might be ok for them and me... I would be especially interested in teaching young knitters (beginners and or young people), and since I am only 34 that would probably make a nice "next generation" feeling happen.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
My most worst was not JUST ONE...they were my mosted worsteds!

Mostly...they were my worst because I didn't have the sizing right...and all 3 of them turned out to be SIZE TENT. As in Circus Tent!

One I gave away...some 39 years ago...it still haunts me......who knew about gauge?
Another is still in my sweater closet...destined for the frog pond eventually...yarn too nice to waste...
And the 3rd one is FROGGED...what a disaster...but yarn is reknit into something else!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
KnitterGirl12
Ribbing the Cuff

[quote=hyperactive;1302081]I don't feel brave. It was just a funny quest through my knitting memories of the last time to get to the failures

Oh, there is this one baby shoe. I knit it by the instruction. Then I sewed it up. Now I think the magazine must have be directed to elfes or someone like that because literelly the shoe is 15 cm long or longer... I have tried so many ways to put that piece together. None worked out. Oh well. Either I am dumb or the pattern is wrong. And that one I gave up on. The one shoe kicks around in my yarns somewhere. The other never got made. End of that shoe. I made others and was happy. So there is something I gave up on.[quote]

I doubt that you are dumb! That seems very unlikely. It just doesn't want to work with you!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
KnitterGirl12
Ribbing the Cuff

ArtLady1981,
Your sweaters look AWESOME!!!! I just wish, by the your discriptions about the wear, they were just as good-looking to wear as they aren't on!(pouting) I wish!SHOOT!!! shootshootshoot!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #19
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

thanks. No, I do not really feel dumb. Just sometimes. But that does not ever drag me down for long.

Artlady truely does make awesome sweaters.

Don't start cursing and swearing. It truely does happen that one project goes terribly wrong or does look awesome and does not fit... but whatever. If you do not frog, you can grow into or give it away. Those are bad projects personally, but they do not kill you. And mostly you learn something.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #20
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by KnitterGirl12 View Post
ArtLady1981,
Your sweaters look AWESOME!!!! I just wish, by the your discriptions about the wear, they were just as good-looking to wear as they aren't on!(pouting) I wish!SHOOT!!! shootshootshoot!!!
This red tweed peacoat doesn't fit me YET!

But the main reason that I don't personally model my sweaters etc is because when I'm finished with a project, I'm so excited to get it photographed and uploaded...but not ready my mug to be photographed! Then when I'm okay to be photographed, the weather is too rainy, too hot, too windy...something. I can't seem to win.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote