Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
Worsted Weight Fall Harvest Blanket KAL
I just started a KAL for a beautiful blanket. We are making the Bernat Super Value Harvest Blanket together.

You can view the free pattern here:
http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=2848

The blanket is designated as an "Easy" pattern, and will make a beautiful addition to your home decor. It uses 7 skeins of Bernat Super Value yarn in the following colors: Taupe Heather, Rustic Heather, Steel Blue Heather, Moss Heather, Plum Heather, Teal Heather, and Redwood Heather.

Of course, you can use whatever worsted weight yarn you have in your stash. And choose the colors that work best for your home.

I'm using Bernat Super Value in the colors Black, True Grey, Taupe Heather, Teal Heather, Redwood Heather, Topaz, and Oatmeal. I bought my yarn one skein at a time, using a 40% Off coupon at AC Moore every day last week.

I cast on my blanket on the first day of Fall. How appropriate!

I had some trouble with the first 8 rows, and had to frog it all, but finally figured it out. I realized that I was forgetting one of the (K1, P1, K1) increases in one stitch. SO glad I know what I'm doing now!

My completed blanket will be going to my stepson, Aaron. He has requested another handknit blanket, and who am I to say No? Gotta love a guy that asks for knitted stuff.

I made a Ravelry group for the KAL: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/bernat...arvest-blanket
Right now there are 45 members of the group. Would anyone else like to join our KAL? You don't have to be in the Ravelry group to participate. Just join here, and let's make a blanket together!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!