So, as some may recall I'm currently working on my first stranding project. I'm using this pattern
as the basis for my project, and incorporating the Deathflake chart
. Everyone here has been really great helping me get started (Hyperactive's videos on float weaving have been a huge help!), so I thought I'd share my progess so far. For my first attempt at stranding, I feel like I'm not doing too bad so far!
I've finished the first 10 rows of the chart, and it's going much faster now that I've got the hang of it
The last photo shows the wrong side of the work ... by constantly weaving the two strands of yarn around each other as you work you avoid having large "floats" on the inside of your project. This was especially helpful as there are several areas of my project where I continue in one color for as many as 8 stitches.