Old 11-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
CountryNaturals
Knitting the Flap

Texas Border Collie Rescue desperately needs our help!
This was forwarded to me at Love Your Pet Expo. IT IS LEGIT AND URGENT.

Dear Clients, Friends and Family:

Please scroll down and read the forwarded email. . .Texas Border Collie Rescue desperately needs our help! They rescued 60 Border Collies from a hoarder and they need financial help for these dogs.

Anything you can do would help. . .even small donations of $1-$5 add up, so please help if you can.

Please also cross-post this to others who may be able to provide assistance.

Thank you for your hearts,

Lyn Murray
RiverDog

~~~

Hello dog friends,

A Border Collie hoarder in McKinney, Texas is surrendering his 60 dogs and the Border Collie Rescue of Texas is in need of $$ donations to vet out these dogs and get them into foster care.

Please take a moment to read the email string below and see pics of these apparently purebred Border Collies (foundation dogs were from Kuykendall Working Border Collies in North Carolina). Bobbie of the Border Collie Rescue of California is making a plea for donations to be sent to the Texas rescue group.

Thanks for your time and PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS ON,

Maureen

~~

I received a request for help from BCR-TX they have been hit with about 60 Border Collies in an emergency situation. There are many puppies. They have already pulled some of the pups, but need help for vetting and foster homes. All of us can make a difference for these dogs. I know this, since Sam and many came to assist us when we were hit about five years ago with about the same situation at Paul Smith's place..

Please send donations, any size is appreciated. BCRTX stood by us when we at BCRCA were hit with the same situation five years ago. I have offered to take some of the dogs in CA, transport will be the major problem at this time I would think.

Vetting is important esp. since in Texas they have heartworm, which we do not usually see around here too much, so I am sure each will need to be tested and put on preventative and that is only the beginning of the vetting needed for these dogs. Foster homes are needed, but once again there is the distance for us or our adopters that are willing to help. So at this time $$ is needed from CA to help TX. I remember too clearly how exhausted we all were out here in CA with this same kind of situation, and how a number of us just broke down and cried. It was overpowering to our minds just how we were going to help all the dogs. But with the help from so many, we were able to do it. So lets stand up now and help BCRTX in their needs to help these 60 Border Collies.

Please don't let another day go by without sending a donation (no matter how small) to them to help these Border Collies. Please send donations directly to: Border Collie Rescue Texas, Inc., PO Box 1338, La Porte, TX 77572.

This is the email message I received last night about these dogs:

~~

Hi Bobbie,

We have no hope of doing this alone. We started pulling puppies tonight and will work to pull as many as we have homes for. I need your help to raise vet money and foster homes. People can make a difference. Any ideas…..any other group…..anything at all is greatly appreciated.

Here are pics of the dogs:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2012474...64050100/show/

First set of pics. I just got off the phone with DeDe, who went out this afternoon and she is emotionally exhausted. Said she broke down and cried after she left. I could tell in her voice how stressed she was.

Dogs are not in too bad of shape, except there are some malnourished looking puppies there. The man dumps out a 40 lb of Ol Roy every day and the dogs just eat it off the ground. The puppies can't compete with the big dogs too well. She was also worried that the youngest litter of puppies, 8 weeks old, are dehydrated, as they can't reach the water that is in the wading pools that are out.

Inside of house is filthy. more dogs inside that she did not get to see. She could not tell how many dogs there are but estimated 60.

The owner is very emotionally fragile, cried a lot. He and his former wife bought a pair of BC's from the Kuykendall Working Border Collies kennel (http://kuykendall-bc.com/) and started out with them as their foundation dogs. His wife left him and left all the dogs.

I wonder if Kuykendall would help. The present dogs are not registered but they are all decended from these dogs from that line.

Sam

Bobbie
BCR-CA Volunteer
Bcrescue@aol.com
www.bcrescue.net

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ...Mahatma Gandhi
CountryNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

I would suggest contacting Best Friends Animal Society, 5001 Angel Canyon Rd., Kanab, Utah 84741, (435)644-2001. I attempted to forward this post but was unable to get the message through. I have been a member of Best Friends since the late '90's and they are known for coming to the aid of animals, of any kind, in distress. They are a no-kill sanctuary and open for adoptions. It is worth a try, I believe.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
CountryNaturals
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Wanda Witch View Post
I would suggest contacting Best Friends Animal Society, 5001 Angel Canyon Rd., Kanab, Utah 84741, (435)644-2001. I attempted to forward this post but was unable to get the message through. I have been a member of Best Friends since the late '90's and they are known for coming to the aid of animals, of any kind, in distress. They are a no-kill sanctuary and open for adoptions. It is worth a try, I believe.
Yes, they are one of my 2 favorites (UAN is the other). I assumed they had already been contacted, since this is such an active rescue network, but I will definitely follow up on that. Thanks for the heads-up.
CountryNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote