Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Loopdeloop
Ribbing the Cuff

Best Way to K1 in MC and K5 in CC
So, I have a pattern where near the end I create "reverse triangles" over a few rows that involve k1 in mc, k5 in cc, and then the next row might be k3 in mc, k2 in cc, etc.

The piece reaches that point in the MC color, so when I get there, do I just knit with the CC as I normally would and carry the yarn over, or do people join yarn for one stitch? That seems like a lot of work for something that I'm only doing for three rows.

Any advice on how to generally deal with the knit a few in this color, knit a few in that color for a short part of the pattern?
Loopdeloop is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
I'd work it with stranded knitting--carrying the color not in use across the back. Just keep your strands loose so they don't pucker.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Ingrid is right, just knit them. For instance knit 3 in the MC, then just knit the 2 in the CC. To keep the floats loose you can pull the sts on the left needle and the stitches on the right needle apart from each other after the first stitch of each color change.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Loopdeloop
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
Ingrid is right, just knit them. For instance knit 3 in the MC, then just knit the 2 in the CC. To keep the floats loose you can pull the sts on the left needle and the stitches on the right needle apart from each other after the first stitch of each color change.
That's what I've been doing. Just wasn't sure if it was correct because I hadn't looked it up earlier. Thanks!
Loopdeloop is offline   Reply With Quote