Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
megaknit
Casting On

Changing needle size in Magic Loop
Hello! I'm working on some fingerless gloves in Magic Loop. I have the interchangeable kit but unfortunately it doesn't include needles in the sizes I need, so I had to get separate circular needles in sizes 2.25 and 3 mm. In the pattern, I start off doing the cuff using the 2.25mm needles and then I need to change to the 3mm needles. I'm scared, though, as I haven't done this in Magic Loop before! Can anyone walk me through how to do this? I have read in some other threads that you just knit onto the other needles like normal, but I guess I don't really understand how that works in ML....Please help!
megaknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
That's correct, you just knit onto the new needles.

When you are ready to change needle sizes, slide the stitches onto the needle as you normally would, but work them with the new needle. When you finish that first needle, make sure to pull the new needle through so the lengthy side is dangling from the end you just worked, and that is the end you use to knit the next needle.

Hope this helps! (and makes sense, sort of hard to describe. I think the important thing here, though, is the pulling the new needle through and using the same end to knit with really, otherwise you wind up with wrong-facing needles.)

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
It works the same way. Just keep the 2.25 in the L hand and take the 3mm in the right hand and knit the first set of stitches. Then loop the R needle and knit the other set of stitches and all of them are on the 3mm.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote