Old 10-31-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
oneKerri
Casting On

Kerri Hi, please identify this knot/stitch
http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=101325

Sorry, I have no tact.

Please check out the link above, it has 2 more pictures, and the reason
that I would like to have this exact blanket/afghan duplicated.

I'm not looking for a person to do it, but I will find someone in my home
town to do it for me, or I will learn myself. I just need someone to tell
me what I'm looking at.

Thank you,

Kerri
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stitches (65).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	54939  

Last edited by oneKerri : 10-31-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: i didnt give another revelent thread before
oneKerri is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,800 Times in 7,160 Posts
Thread was in the wrong forum so I moved it, but it is essentially a duplicate thread to the one you linked to. Your question as to what kind of stitch it was answer in the other thread. Since it's crochet you could ask in that forum.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
She did, but hasn't received any replies there yet.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
Can't identify the exact stitch but looks like crochet to me.

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Baby Afghan...
Hi, Kerri!

As nearly as I can tell from the pictures, this looks like simply row upon row of either 3 single crochets or 3 double crochets (depending on how high the stitch is) all done in the same stitch below.

Once you've done the 3 stitches, they fan out and give some ease so that the piece doesn't curl up like a shrimp! Because of that, you can then go onto the next set of three stitches without putting any chain stitches in between.

Each set of 3 is worked in a single stitch below. I can't tell exactly which one but you work the 3 stitches either between the groups of 3 stitches below, in the center of the 3-stitch group or it looks like it could be in the first stitch of the 3 stitch group. You'd have to take a close look at it to determine it for sure.

The edging appears to be two rows worked around the outside edge of the finished center- the first round would be to attache your yarn, make a longish loop, say chain 5, skip 3 stitches along the edge, single crochet in the next stitch and continue around. Then on the next round fill the loops with single or double crochets, maybe 7 of them to create the pretty loop effect.

As far as the yarn, it might be a good idea to take the "blankie", with daughter attached naturally, to a yarn store or even a Michaels or AC Moore (or whatever is in you neighborhood) and try to compare. It's most likely a baby soft yarn of some type. Can you reach the person who made it? That could give you some answers.

Meanwhile, use whatever you can to tie off the stitches that are unravelling. Even if it has a hole or two, I'm sure you little girl will still love it!

Good luck!

Ruthie