Old 10-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
littlegreenfrog
Casting On

Silver's 2 at a time toe up magic loop socks: Stuck at leg after long break
After using Silver's wonderful sock class to learn socks on dpns I moved on to toe up two at a time magic loop. All went well but I tried to do a cable pattern on the back of the leg and lace on the front and something wasn't working with the cable so I ripped back to the beginning of the leg intending to switch to all-over lace up the leg. My stitch-count was giving me problems with the lace (I had made them to fit rather than to a particular stitch-count) and I eventually gave up and put them away.

Now I'm ready to start again and I think I've figured out a lace pattern that I can make work with some small adjustments to the stitch-count. Problem is I can't seem to get started again. The socks are both on the cable and I can't figure out where to start knitting. I did look at the knittinghelp.com video about magic loop. It seems like either sock I look at isn't the one that I'm supposed to start knitting next. Does that make sense? The yarn is coming off the sock on the part of the cable that has the needle attached and for some reason that seems wrong. What do I do?

Thanks for reading!
littlegreenfrog
littlegreenfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!