Old 11-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
tish
Ribbing the Cuff

knit-purl-knit in the same stitch(KPK)
I'm using cotton chenille for the first time, to make a sweater. It says to knit, purl, and knit into the same stitch. How is this possible? There doesn't seem to be enough room, apart from jamming the needle through the yarn. It just doesn't seem right. I looked for a video on how to do this, and can't find one. Can anyone describe to me how to do this? Thanks so much!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
That's hard to do on regular yarn I can't imagine doing it on chenille. I think I'd find another pattern that doesn't have bobbles.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
An alternative is to knit yo knit into the same stitch - looks pretty much the same but you're only working 2 sts into it, so it's a little easier to do.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
tish
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks Jan and Suzee for your replies. I'm going to think about this for a couple of days. I may pick another pattern. I got the pattern from Crystal Palace, on line, and really like the lok of it. It's called "Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille Sweatshirt". I'm just wondering why they would post this when it seems extremely difficult to knit!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

It would depend on an individual's tension. It may be more difficult for tight knitters, but not so much for others. I've heard this yarn isn't as bad as other chenilles too. I've seen FOs of the pattern and it looks pretty good.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
tish
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks Suzee, I appreciate your reply. I think my knitting is naturally a bit tight, compunding the problem! I will try the knitYOknit to see if that is better, and if it isn't, I'll give up and find another pattern.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
tish
Ribbing the Cuff

Suzee, it seems to me that with the knit, yarn over, knit, into the same stitch, that I end up with an extra stitch on the needle. What am I doing wrong???
Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
suzeeq
Knit On!

Are you getting 4, or just expecting to have 2? There's supposed to be 3 sts on the R needle. It's a double increase, meaning 3 sts out of 1.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
tish
Ribbing the Cuff

I have just clued in, and yes, I am getting 3 stitches on the right needle, an increase of 2 stitches. this is followed by "P3 together" which is the decrease. However, I am noticing that the yarn over is very tight, and am not sure how this will effect my knitting on the next row. Is it likely to loosen up as I knit along??Thanks for your patience with me!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
suzeeq
Knit On!

It should loosen up, but just don't pull the yarn tight or tighten up the 2nd knit.