Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

you should do that again, model your pieces.
I always think that a lot of items just look a lot better worn than shown. I mean: we are not flat, women even less then men and kids. So how should a well fitting sweater lay flat nicely? And if: a lot of the detail will not show.

So: Well done, not just the knitting.

But I totally understand that problem of "the right moment". You want to wear the perfect outfit (no sweatpants with a fine cardigan, no wrong shirt underneath and all that). THEN you need to have your hair done, make-up (for you and me, it seems). You have to be in the mood, often need a second person and then daylight is very good - shade on a summer day, preferably. And then, just then, you get the perfect pics. And nothing else is worthy of being taken, let alone shown.

That is why I often take pics of a lot of stuff at the same time. The moment comes along, and here goes a basket of stuff to the garden to be worn and shown.

Then all those questions of "background" - no untidy livingroom, kitchen or anything... all that. Well, I do not live in a pictureque castle to stand next to the mantle piece and I do not own a baboo forest either... so pics of me in my stuff are rare, as well. I totally understand.

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperactive For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-12-2010)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
....But I totally understand that problem of "the right moment". You want to wear the perfect outfit (no sweatpants with a fine cardigan, no wrong shirt underneath and all that). THEN you need to have your hair done, make-up (for you and me, it seems). You have to be in the mood, often need a second person and then daylight is very good - shade on a summer day, preferably. And then, just then, you get the perfect pics. And nothing else is worthy of being taken, let alone shown.

That is why I often take pics of a lot of stuff at the same time. The moment comes along, and here goes a basket of stuff to the garden to be worn and shown.

Then all those questions of "background" - no untidy living room, kitchen or anything... all that. Well, I do not live in a picturesque castle to stand next to the mantle piece and I do not own a bamboo forest either... so pics of me in my stuff are rare, as well. I totally understand.
Oh you hit it right on the money!!!!

Those are ALL my reasons...and in addition...even on my best day...the camera sees and reveals
all of my double chins, my lumps and bumps, my wrinkles...my lopsided everything...and all!

Meh, it is what it is! I'm 62 and feeling every year of it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
hyperactive
Working the Gusset

Oh come on! I am 35 and I do have all those corners, that I do not want on camera.
And I noticed: My husband must mean the "I love you the way you are" because he takes pictures that reveal all those spots, have wrinkels in the knitting and shadows that show more than they should. But he takes and likes the pictures

But we should all relax about that. We do only look like that to ourselves. Like hearing your own voice on tape...

I have been away from the forum for a bit, but I am still around!
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
borealowl
Knitting the Flap

I love the sweater and it looks great on you.
borealowl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to borealowl For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-13-2010)
Old 11-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
LBECK
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to LBECK
You DO look Great in the sweater and for 62 as well. Very nice as is all of your work. I have not seen a piece yet that wasn't superbly done. I agree you should model more pieces that you make.

OTN: Several WIPs
Crocheting baby items for a gift shop.

I am yarnin4aproj on Ravelry.

" May every stitch you knit bring you a little closer to that calm, clear space in the center of your soul. --- Earth Heart Designs"
LBECK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LBECK For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-13-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
BevL
Casting On

Stunnin!!
Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
A KH knitting buddy asked me to try and model my sweaters sometime, rather than just showing them on the floor, laid out flat.

Well, you know...I hate my photos...but tonight I tried to get a few decent shots...
and here are a couple photos, modeling my latest FO, the Hallett's Ledge Cardigan.

I don't look too bad for a plump ole gal, do I? Anyway, should have taken these photos in daylight...the sweater details would have been better...but hey...tonight was the night. My hair was done. My makeup was on. The sweater was on. Things were about as good as they were gonna get. Tomorrow I'll be a wreck again.

You look lovely in that sweater, your sweaters are always lovely !!
BevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Breezed
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Breezed
You look GREAT! Very cute haircut btw. And the sweater is great and fits you perfectly.

Breezed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Breezed For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-16-2010)
Old 11-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #18
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
You are beautiful Dollyce!! We are always our own worst critics. Others don't see what we zero in on. And I agree - you should model your gorgeous sweaters for us from now on!! I love seeing them on you instead of flat, incredibly beautiful tho they are. Thanks for making me smile this morning!

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WandaT For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-16-2010)
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
Ginnyb
Knitting the Flap

Absolutely beautiful...it looks chocolate brown, is it? I love the color and it looks wonderful on you!
Ginnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginnyb For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (11-16-2010)
Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #20
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginnyb View Post
Absolutely beautiful...it looks chocolate brown, is it? I love the color and it looks wonderful on you!
Thanks Ginny! The color is 'Chestnut'. The yarn is Blackwater Abbey, a 100% Irish Wool. Chestnut isn't a flat single shade. You can see some undertones of rust salted in. The overall affect is milk chocolate, I'd say...not dark chocolate.

I've received a lot of compliments on the color at our congregation! People spot those rusty undertones. I was surprised! The Blavkwater Abbey lady (Marilyn King) will send anyone a sample yarns color card for free. Just visit www.abbeyyarns.com and click on SEND ME A COLOR CARD. She takes care of business very promptly.

BWA is one of my all-time favorites for sweaters.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote