Old 11-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
knitsnpurls
Casting On

Help Sizing A Dog Sweater
I hope this is the right forum for this question. I'm new here, and hoping that someone can help me out.

A friend (who lives very far away, in a different state) has a maltipoo and she wants me to knit a holiday sweater for him. However, I donít have his measurements. I asked her to measure him but she has not gotten back to me in several days, and I would really like to be able to start work on his sweater right away. I know theyíre small dogs and the sweater should not take too long to make but I am a slow knitter, so I need to get started as soon as possible and waiting for her to get back to me with measurements looks like itís going to take too long.

I already have a couple patterns to choose from though I am not yet certain which one I will use. I just need to know some measurements so I know what size to make and to help me figure out which of the patterns I have will be best. I need to know the following in order to properly size the sweater:

From the neck (where a collar ends) to the base of the tail
Neck circumference
Distance between the front legs (this measurement is not totally necessary, but having it would help make sure I place the leg openings where they need to be!)

I know all dogs are different but I just need a general idea of the sizing. If there are any maltipoo owners here who could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. =)
knitsnpurls is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!